Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got dan moto exhaust on my 2003 z1000 and a lot of the time when i downshift to slow i get backfire. Is this a bad thing?

·
Registered
555 Posts
I would say no. Loose bolts, clamps, IE; air leaks, excess unused fuel burning or popping in the pipes. I don't think it will hurt anything. There are lots of threads on deceleration backfiring. Some people have even traced down the problem and fixed theirs. If it bothers you, do a search and you can probably eliminate or at least learn more about it.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I just got dan moto exhaust on my 2003 z1000 and a lot of the time when i downshift to slow i get backfire. Is this a bad thing?
underdog is right. what color is ur exhaust tip or tips? if they r black it may b too rich & could be hurting ur power more than helping. would also check for exhaust leaks to eliminate that possibility. after i put my exhaust & pc3 on mine, my bike popped alot when letting off of the throttle. downloaded alot of different maps & ended up using the hindle slip on map m210-006. that helped alot & fine tuned it manually with the button adjustments.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I thought the Hindle slip-ons map was m210-005?

·
Registered
5,210 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
there are covers you can buy on ebay to remove your clean air systems which is on the top of your valve covers. The cost is about $25. and it works great. I removed my system on my 2008 z1000 and the one on my brother's 2004 z750 and both no longer backfire during deceleration.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts