Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

If you could have more than one

29K views 99 replies 72 participants last post by  jimz 
#1 ·
I always wondered what other riders would have if they could have more than one bike?

For me I love my 2010 Z1000 and my wife's ER-6n is a great bike as well but it would be cool to have

a 600cc supersport zx-6 or 600 gixxer to learn to stunt on(I don't want to drop the Zed doing stoppies) and ride really hard

a dual sport maybe a KTM would be cool

and I've always loved the VMax either 1st or 2nd Gen.

#2 ·
I'm 57 now and love my Z. However, I wouldn't mind having a bike for every different ride or mood. I've often thought of buying a more comfortable bike for the long rides or when you are taking a passenger with you. However, with my bad back a heavy bike is hard for me to push around and even lifting it off the side stand sucks. It would have to be light weight with a low center of gravity, a plush seat and handle like a Z to peak my interest. Hopefully, not a Harley, since I just don't fit in the do rag set.

#35 ·
I'm 57 now and love my Z. However, I wouldn't mind having a bike for every different ride or mood. I've often thought of buying a more comfortable bike for the long rides or when you are taking a passenger with you. However, with my bad back a heavy bike is hard for me to push around and even lifting it off the side stand sucks. It would have to be light weight with a low center of gravity, a plush seat and handle like a Z to peak my interest. Hopefully, not a Harley, since I just don't fit in the do rag set.
You would love the Victory Vegas 8 ball. I test rode it before buying the Z1000. It was a very tough choice..:)

#3 ·
as a second bike, would either be a zx10r or an rc51

#12 ·
I wouldn't trade either of my bike for any others, must be the only one who's content with what they have, I guess I can't complain.
An 08' ZX6R for the track and a 06' Z-1000 for the street, what more can a man ask for:dontknow:

#17 ·
I already own an '03 Z1000, '77 Kz1000, and an '80 kz440

I also want a KX250, Triumph 900 scrambler, w650, Honda Valkyrie, KZ1300, the new Vmax!

#21 ·
I've got 4 more bikes in addition to a Ninja 1K.

'86 Suzuki GSX-R750
'95 Ducati 916
'02 Yamaha WR426F street plated
'08 Honda CBR1000RR

The Ninja 1K, CBR and WR are day to day bikes. Used for sport touring, sport and off road/dual purpose riding respectively, they'll get replaced as needed or as the opportunity to own something better at a bargain price comes up.

The GSXR and 916 are fun ride bikes. Ride them down to a bike night or ride them on some twisty weekend ride when I want to remember how riding used to be, before progress made it ridiculously easy. Allot of fun to run away on a twisty road from guys riding the latest and greatest sportbikes, who are younger or barely older than these bikes.

Some days I think of owning exotic collectible bikes, but I've found I can't own anything that I'd be really bothered if I threw it down the road, or which I didn't find really fun to ride.

#22 · (Edited)
Interesting concept for a thread. I like it. :D

Realistically, I would just buy an adventure touring bike. EDIT: I would still keep the Z! I have the Z for fun, and an adventure touring bike would be my key to off road and touring in one bike.

Unrealistically, I would own a dirt bike and a sport bike and a touring bike in addition to the Z. The touring bike would likely still be off-road capable.

The good news is that I still think the Z is the right choice for me if I can only have 1 bike, and at the moment, I can only have 1 bike. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.