Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding a ZZR-600 for the last 3 years and I've been looking at the 2011 Z-1000 as a replacement. I finally went to the shop today and saw a 2010 model for the first time. All I can say is WOW!

The biggest impression I came away with was this - when sitting on my ZZR and most other bikes, I could always feel the weight that was behind me. Like there was some "arse" on the bike. When I sat on the Z-1000, I immediately noticed the "weight forward" feel of it. For serious lack of a better analogy - while the ZZR had some "arse", it felt like the Z-1000 was 481lbs of "schlong"! The most remarkable part was that I just coulndn't believe it weighed that much. This bike feels lighter than my ZZR.

I'm gonna be saving my pennies for the all-black 2011 model!

·
Registered
78 Posts
That was something that struck me also when I looked at the 06 I bought. Couldn't possibly be over 400 lbs. It is SO light feeling and nimble. Feels odd compared to the other bikes I've ridden over the years. Odd, but I like it!!
Phil

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crap...Now that I've seen the Z1000S/X, it's looking like it'd be the better replacement for my ZZR. I just wonder how much more $$ it will cost over the naked version.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Crap...Now that I've seen the Z1000S/X, it's looking like it'd be the better replacement for my ZZR. I just wonder how much more $$ it will cost over the naked version.

According to the articles, about $500 more than the naked version.

But I think its ugly - the naked version is much better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts