Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Z1000R
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive exterior Bumper

Changing my sparkplugs, this is the last one. I've really got to remove those cables???? I think I'm just gonna get a new bike lmao. Also notice the broken tube besides it. Don't think I did it but probably.

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Z1000R
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That dumb little bottle hangs off of the bottom of airbox, but ends up sitting under the throttle bodies.

This specific bike has excellent spark plug access as compared to my Concours 14. They must design these engines before the frame?
Man, my first bike was a Suzuki DR650. Now I can appreciate why people say those engines are so fun to work on. I could almost change a piston without removing the tank. I could change the air filter from the side, by removing ONE fairing who has ONE bolt. :LOL:

Fun times

·
Registered
35 Posts
after a while the plugs wont seem difficult to remove. i just use a small extension and fit my ratchet in there under the cables and just let it grab enough to turn it, i dont put the whole ratchet in there. the outside ones dont even slow me down after like 5 or 6 sets of plugs, its all about taking your time and finding the right way in

·
Registered
88 Posts
after a while the plugs wont seem difficult to remove. i just use a small extension and fit my ratchet in there under the cables and just let it grab enough to turn it, i dont put the whole ratchet in there. the outside ones dont even slow me down after like 5 or 6 sets of plugs, its all about taking your time and finding the right way in
Yeah! Some fantasy and skill, a little bit...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts