Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today I went and picked up my brand new 2011 Z1000. I ended up with the green and black model. I even picked up my Two Brothers exhaust cans and have them already mounted. Its only slightly louder than stock, but it looks so much better than having those huge 4 pipe canisters. Ive got a whole 32 miles on my bike.:eek: Next on the list is the fender eliminator, and a smaller set of rear view mirrors...then I am finished with mods.
I have to concentrate on my break-in period. I want so badly to nail the throttle open! However, I must be strong! I will give it about 500 miles before I hit it. Also, will be changing the oil/oil filter at 500 miles, then I can see how good this thing runs. :thumbsup:YEAH!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Well, today I went and picked up my brand new 2011 Z1000. I ended up with the green and black model. I even picked up my Two Brothers exhaust cans and have them already mounted. Its only slightly louder than stock, but it looks so much better than having those huge 4 pipe canisters. Ive got a whole 32 miles on my bike.:eek: Next on the list is the fender eliminator, and a smaller set of rear view mirrors...then I am finished with mods.
I have to concentrate on my break-in period. I want so badly to nail the throttle open! However, I must be strong! I will give it about 500 miles before I hit it. Also, will be changing the oil/oil filter at 500 miles, then I can see how good this thing runs. :thumbsup:YEAH!!!!!!!!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::eek::eek::D:D:D:welcome::welcome::cool::screwy::screwy::screwy:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys! I know this bike is going to be a real "bad-boy"! I just got through reading the owner's manual, checking coolant level, and did a good cleaning on the bike. I swear the dealerships never do a good job cleaning new bikes. I do enjoy cleaning it and giving it a good once over, so not a big deal.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Enjoy your new toy!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Last night I ordered the bar-end weights with the cut out for the mirrors, (yes, I ordered mirrors too). I also ordered a fender eliminator kit from Targa, and a new Corbin seat, (black). Since I already have the "Two Brothers, Carbon fiber black edition" exhaust cans, I am finished ordering stuff for a while.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! I was so pumped when I got my Z1K. It was my first brand new vehicle ever and the funnest too :)

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Nice colors man! congrats on the new ride.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The UPS man dropped off my Corbin seat today. I put it on the bike during my lunch break. One thing I like about this new seat, it doesn't force me to slide my butt forward so my nuts are in the tank. It has a gentle depression formed in the seat for my butt. I haven't ridden it any further than from my house to work and back again, so I can't tell you how much more comfortable it is (5 miles to work, and back). I will update you guys as soon as I can ride the bike for a couple of hours when I've got time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts