Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had an FZ6R then sold it and bought a n‘15 Z1000 from a guy who owned it for a month then decided he wanted a Ducati v4 I guess. He didn’t even have the title from the DMV yet because covid. I’m 90% pretty sure it wasn’t stolen.He sold it to me for 6500 USD and it has 2500 miles. This was his ad:

2015 kawasaki z1000 ABS, LOW MILES (2350 miles). Fender eliminator, bar end mirrors, integrated tail light and moto gp exhaust set up included (with servo delete). Have all stock parts. Bike is in 10/10 showroom condition. Priced to sell.

Dude ordered all these parts for it then sold it before they all came. What’re all yous guyz’s thoughts?

I would link the ad but I’m typing on a phone and the copy paste menu doesn’t work on this site for some reason.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
That is Market Price for the 2015, quick sale.

People don't transition from a Z1000 to a Ducati - two very different owners - just a smokescreen.

Remember a lot of people buy a Z1000 & realise its not a true sports/race bike in terms of handling & suspension.

Plus it comes with a lot of power & a short wheelbase.

The first 1000 miles only instills some competence, not confidence.

He bought cheap upgrades. Do you have the upgrades installed already or just the boxes.

People that upgrade to a Ducati don't buy cheap upgrades.

BY THE WAY, IF YOU ARE READING THIS & YOU OWN THESE UPGRADES, YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN.

How does it feel shifting into neutral or 4th gear?

My concern would be the DMV Paperwork - he cannot be the original owner, out of year dealer stock ended March 2016.

Something must have caused you to do the deal apart from saving a few hundred dollars? He may have bought the bike used.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
PS. Welcome to the Z1000 Club, without effort your testosterone levels increase by being an owner of such a cult bike.

And you may have only saved yourself $400-$50 based on a private sale.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in buffalo and Z1000s were hard to find near me but that may just be because of the coronas. He said he bought the bike from some old dude a month ago which I rolled my eyes at, he actually left all the original paperwork from the first owner in the trunk along with the keycode. I looked up the first owner and considering he is only engaged on facebook he can't be old.

The upgrades are in boxes except for the mirrors which were already on but he'll give me oem ones once he has the title.

Then again I could place a mechanic's lien on the bike and repossess it I guess to get a title.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Hey! Welcome!
Have you tried reaching out to the previous owner via FB? That's where I'd start.
You'd think it odd to even consider someone buying all them mods for their new sled, then dumping it ....but then you said Ducati. So, yeah, I get it. Get as much as you can for it and buy the Duc. :cool:

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Koggs - he said the last owner was offloading this bike so he could buy a Ducati instead - Dennygawg is the owner we are talking to - Koggs is right, reach out to the previous owner/guy on Facebook - as it is you haven't lost any money, you paid market price - and its too cold to be riding in Buffalo anyway - the owner you bought from probably realised its too much bike for him.

Let us know what happens...

And send us some photos of your bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also noticed there was no gear indicator, and I keep upshifting when I dont need to due to my debilitating ADD. I did this on my last bike too. I was thinking of getting one of these off of aliexpress

or

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Its not your ADD.

Z1000'S have a huge amount of torque & they are geared way too low - the first week I had mine I would hit 70mph in 6th & then be looking for 2 higher gears.

They are geared so low Stock I felt as though I could take off in 3rd.

I just went up from a 15 Front to a 16 Front while also going down from a 43 rear to a 41 - it was geared to high. L

ast week went back to the 15 front but kept the 41 rear - now its perfect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Koggs - he said the last owner was offloading this bike so he could buy a Ducati instead - Dennygawg is the owner we are talking to - Koggs is right, reach out to the previous owner/guy on Facebook - as it is you haven't lost any money, you paid market price - and its too cold to be riding in Buffalo anyway - the owner you bought from probably realised its too much bike for him.

Let us know what happens...

And send us some photos of your bike.
It was 61F outside today when I went out and I said "huh it got warm"
Let me get this straight,

You bought a bike without the title ?
I have the means to put liens on stuff to get a title for it so I’m not too concerned about it. he lives down the street from me too and I took a pic of his license and he even let me go into his house. Only shady thing he did was claim an old person owned it previously. I checked the New York State DMV title status and it came back with no liens also. I have the registration from the first owner that was in the trunk.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts