Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
good video on how to do the technique. not sure how healthy it is for the transmission, but might be worth trying once .

View attachment 85726
Been upshifting like that for about 8 years now, ever since i heard of it. Same works for manual transmission cars. On a car your engine needs to dropdown to a specific rpm , for the gears to slip in position, but it just feels clunky and awkward.

A bunch people i know have a QS and try to convince me i should get one too. Like the guy in the video, i also think its useless (from a cost perspective) , unless you are riding on a track.

From now on, I'll refer people to this video instead of having a discusion about it, now thats a timesaver

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would like a quick shift only for the reason to be able to keep my left hand solidly on the handle bar during hard acceleration and shifting. just feels safer when i don’t have to let go of the handle bar to work the clutch lever at fast speeds. although with this technique that wouldn’t be an issue anymore. think the mt-10 quick shift system momentarily cuts ignition. automates the manual clutchless shift technique. do you think clutchless shifts are hard on the transmission? possibly the reason behind the fourth gear failures??

·
Registered
448 Posts
As the guy in the video says, i dont think it causes extra stress or wear on the geargbox.
But at slower speeds i still use the lever from 1st to 2nd. It tends to jolt forwards.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts