Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It will happen to most of us at least once in our lives. happened to me once so far. Anyone else?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used to ride dirt bikes when I was younger. Keeping both wheels facing down on a dirt bike is chalenging to say the least but once you get the hang of, piped and jetted balls to the wall fast as hell YZ250. It's fun on a whole new level. I like to say that I have hit he ground more times then I can count on the YZ. So on my Z1000 I dont fall at all. But that would be a lie cause I "low sided" her one time coming out of my driveway on an angle, a little to hard on the gas in 20 degree weather. but that was back in 04 and never hit the ground since.

·
Registered
752 Posts
It will happen to most of us at least once in our lives. happened to me once so far. Anyone else?
Last bike I dropped was my 1996 ZX7RR - after pushing it up and down the street and it still not starting, in frustration I kicked the kickstand down and dropped the bike onto it and walked away - and as I walked away I realized it was on an angle and it tipped over! Broken rearset and left handlebar.

Havent dropped one since!

stupid stupid stupid! learned me a lesson!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Isn't there a saying "Its not a question of are you going to drop you bike. Rather when are you going to drop your bike". Everyone I know has dropped their bike at least once. Some of them did it on their old bikes while they were learning and some have done it on their current bikes. Also to answer the question I dropped once also and it wasnt my bike.....luckily nothing bad happened to the bike as I feel at a really slow speed.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
isn't there a saying "its not a question of are you going to drop you bike. Rather when are you going to drop your bike". Everyone i know has dropped their bike at least once. Some of them did it on their old bikes while they were learning and some have done it on their current bikes. Also to answer the question i dropped once also and it wasnt my bike.....luckily nothing bad happened to the bike as i feel at a really slow speed.
there are two kind of rider ones that have been down and ones that are going down.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I dropped my first bike basically from a standstill twice and crashed once. That was in the first 6 months of street riding.

Since then I dropped my gsxr600 while stopped on the side of the road, because the shoulder sloped down further than I thought and when I tried to put my foot down, surprise! nothing was there.

I had a sort of slow-motion, low-speed crash on my gsxr750 at a track day when my laptimer got stuck between the fork and steering head, locking the bars and I couldn't straighten up from turning onto the track while pitting out.

That's it so far. :)

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
40 years, droped my 8 ball going 1 MPH turning in a parking lot. that is it. cuzz i do not ride STUPID
It don't matter how you ride. I was hit head on by another motor cycle that was riding over their head :eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't count off-road events as dropping a bike, just part of the overall experience. With that, I can say I've only ever dropped a bike once. Thankfully, just a stupid, low speed thing that really didn't damage anything but for my ego at the time. There were three or four buddies there to witness it. :p

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't count off-road events as dropping a bike, just part of the overall experience. With that, I can say I've only ever dropped a bike once. Thankfully, just a stupid, low speed thing that really didn't damage anything but for my ego at the time. There were three or four buddies there to witness it. :p
Having friends there is always a good and bad thing. It was bad for me because they actually witnessed it but also good since I feel on a really rocky type of asphalt and got some really bad road rash and my friend's gf was there to clean my wounds and bandage me up. Stupid me wasn't wearing any leathers or helmet. Just shirts and shorts since I wasn't really riding that time, just testing out my friends bike.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
My sv650 once, finished detailing it late one night after a few too many cocktails and as i was pushing it out of the front door of my house i stepped on some old oak leaves and down we went!
Luckily the bike landed on me and i landed on a palmetto tree!
The bike was fine but my back looked like i had been beaten with bobwire!
I can heal and baby was alright.
But in my entire life(im old) and have bee riding since i was 12.
More times than i can remember!
Ive landed on cars.Bounced over cars.Done a drainage ditch at 130mph!
Lets not even talk about the dirt years LOL!
Older and wiser GOD PLEASE KEEP MY NEW Z UPRIGHT!
Peace and saftey to all Barry!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts