Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I guess it really matters how well it was maintained. Theres guys on here with 20-30k and still running strong. I have 8k on mine and still running strong. I plan on keeping it another 3-4 years so it will probably have 20k when I sell it.

The motor is only as good as the owner treats it. Neglect it and its bound to break. Maintain it and she will run for as long as you would like.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
i have almost 25k on mine & its still going strong, no complaints

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I have almost 31k on mine (2003) and no issues. I just replace tires, and change oil.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Most bikes don't wear down to a slow destruction like cars do. Either they end their existence is a defiant blaze of glory, or they spend their later years being tended to by hand and foot. I bought my Z with 21,000 miles on it, it's got near 25,000 now and has never faulted my. In fact, I lowslided it at deals gap last week. I locked the rear tire up and it slide out into the ditch. The bike rolled end over end, before slamming the tail section into a tree. Destroyed the tail fairing, bent the handle bars beyond recognition, and smashed the MAP sensor to oblivion. I then picked it up, it cranked over and started up like normal, rode it back to the resort and spend the next few hours getting parts and fixing it.

$60 handle bars and duct tape got it back to riding condition, while waiting for parts to come in. Here's me riding it two days afte the crash, still at deals gap:

Buy with confidence.

·
Registered
733 Posts
And before you ask, yes I got the crash on the gopro, it was mounted to my buddy's bike behind me. I'm gonna edit up a video over the next few days and then I'll post it in the videos section :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts