Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, my name is Pete and I just bought an 03 Z1000! It is a replacement for my 03 636, which was stolen from my apartment last summer :(. I live in Chicago so no riding for a few months, but i figured winter is the best time to buy. I've been riding dirtbikes for years, had the msf course back when i got my M endorsement. The thinking with the Z was to get some that's still fast and fun in the corners, but also comfy enough for 4 hour rides(I routinely travel from Chicago to detroit).

Here's some history, in order:

1990 xr100 motard, my little stunt bike

And a video:

Then the 03 636:

No stunts on that,lol sorry.

It was stolen, and here's the Z I bought to replace it:

Can't wait for the weather to warm up!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome to the site, nice bike! You're definitely going to enjoy it.

The thinking with the Z was to get some that's still fast and fun in the corners, but also comfy enough for 4 hour rides
Sounds like you bought your Z for some of the main reasons that I bought mine as well. Comfortable, yet still very sporty and exciting. Perfect.

feel i have the best of both worlds. a comfy bike that is still a serious sport bike in the curves.
+1

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good find, i own a 04 and at 63 years old it is still kind to my old body on a long ride. i feel i have the best of both worlds. a comfy bike that is still a serious sport bike in the curves. you get that puppy above 7,000 rpm and it hauls ***. and the looks blow me away.
Haha, two years younger than my father :).

Sounds like this is a common point for these bikes, comfy yet thrilling. I gotta say the suspension is ALOT more Cush than my 636. I could feel every dang bump and rock on the road when I was riding that bad boy. The Z feels much more refined.
Welcome to the site, nice bike! You're definitely going to enjoy it.

Sounds like you bought your Z for some of the main reasons that I bought mine as well. Comfortable, yet still very sporty and exciting. Perfect.

+1
Thanks! I can't wait to put some serious miles on it!

I have though about just bundling up and taking it for a little winter riding, since all the snow is gone. Then again, on the 8 mile trip home on it, I nearly froze solid, haha!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts