Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Well got my helmet on tuesday but I've been to busy to really post anything. Lets say the quality is amazing. Much better than my AFX. Thank you mike for helping me out. Bell did a outstanding job on this helmet. They also sent me the $40 helmet bag that I was planning on ordering. The cheek pads are a little tight and make my lips almost do the kissy face lol but I think im going to contact bell about getting some smaller ones.
Glad I could help!

·
Registered
440 Posts
The Vortex goes by another name in Europe. The SHARP system rates the equivalent to the Vortex with 5 stars overall and for impacts, the frontal, top and rear are rated excellent while the sides are rated very good. Doesn't seem you can go wrong with it.

Just hope it fits you well. Someone else said it first so I'll reitterate: you can buy the best rated helmet money can buy, but if it doesn't fit properly, it's worthless. Even a cheapo will do a better job if it fits properly.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Oh it fits snug.. just the cheek pads are a lil to snug for me.. maybe they will form to my face or may just order a smaller set.

·
Registered
532 Posts
i bought the bell revolver helmet just because of its simplicity of using sun shade and on warm days just to prop open the helmet. there are a lot of reviews on how it is somehwat loud during riding, i would agree to that. also, it is somewhat cheaply made, theres a plastic piece that broke when you lift up the whole front piece. the company i bought from said there is a restocking fee and i would have to pay shipping. forget that crap!!!
called up bell, they paid for shipping and gave me a brand new one. thats good cutomer service. so far i have no issues with the new one.
my other helmet is afx and that is one of the best ive ever had

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I looked at the bell revolver bc I like the idea of having a modular but I also plan on doing some track days so my helmet has to be snell approved. I may still buy a revolver if I get the extra money.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts