Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need a new helmet for the upcoming season. I have been looking for the past 4 days and can't decide on one. I'll find one that I like the looks of and then read the reviews and their not good. I have about $150 to $200 to spend right now. I'd like to stay cheaper because there are other things I want to buy for my bike. I know its my head and how much its worth yadda yadda and all that jazz. I currently have a cheapo $70 afx helmet and it sucks. If anyone knows of any sales or any great cheaper helmets let me know. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
23 Posts
Check out Icon, I liked the one I had but sold it when I sold my orange ninja 650.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Dennis Kirk has fantastic customer service and some great items on sale too, you just have to know where to look. I've done the "legwork" for you with this link. See if you can find something in your budget that you like in their outlet store...

https://www.denniskirk.com/1.outlet/helmets-and-eyewear/20.ipp/pricedesc.srt

Go past the first couple of pages and for about $250.00 you can get a kick a** premium helmet by Icon, Shoei, AGV, Suomy etc.! Just make sure they have your size!

·
Registered
49 Posts
First and foremost helmets are safety gear, not fashion statements. Everyone has a different shaped head and helmets are made with this in mind. A poorly fitting helmet isn't as protective or comfortable as a helmet which fits well.

Try helmets on and determine which helmet in your price range offers the bet fit for your head and then buy the version of that helmet which looks best to you.

KBC, Scorpion, Bell, are some brands worth looking at. There are allot of others.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've had Aria and shoe helmets that I've payed up to $500 for, currently I have a $60 Scorpion and it's the best Helmet I've every owned
Check out Sportbike track gear they have scorpion helmets for $200 and under

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ray believe me I know helmets aren't a fashion statement. But I am also not going to go with a helmet that I do not like. I think im going to go with a bell vortex. Not sure which graphic yet. I was going to go with the bell revolver modular helmet but I am going to be hitting up the track a couple times this year so snell rated is a must and the vortex is snell 2010 rated. I'd like a bell star or RS1 but they are our of my price range.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I have owned 3 KBC helmets, and decided just this year to go with a Speed & Strength helmet. I bought it on sale for 149.99 and free shipping. It seems to have a better build quality than my last KBC.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
i really like some of the speed & strength helmets. they look awesome.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Ray believe me I know helmets aren't a fashion statement. But I am also not going to go with a helmet that I do not like. I think im going to go with a bell vortex. Not sure which graphic yet. I was going to go with the bell revolver modular helmet but I am going to be hitting up the track a couple times this year so snell rated is a must and the vortex is snell 2010 rated. I'd like a bell star or RS1 but they are our of my price range.

Keep looking, my friend...

I have a Bell Star RSD C-Note. Originally $700, I paid $180 for it, since it was an "old" model - so what? Its still brand new, in the box! Granted, I got it from someone who had bought 8 of them to get a discount, and he had one left over in my size... I would also tell you that this is the nicest helmet I have ever had the pleasure of putting my face into. Fits great, the inside is nice sueded fabric, and the venting is incredible - when I go across the Bay Bridge, I actually have to close it or I get one of those freezing ice cream headaches!

Look around the Net - especially forums for others types of bikes. I found it by searching Google with terms like "cheapest Bell Star helmets", etc.

What I really wanted was the Bell Star Cerwinske model - but it was $650 last year. This year, they are already down to $400...

·
Registered
752 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Keep us in mind for future reference, we are a site sponsor and offer great deals and customer service. We would love an opportunity to earn your business!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea I kind of forgot we had sponsors on here lol.. Do yall have that helmet for about that price? If you do I'll totally order from yall.. And so-crates I would love a bell star and wish I could come across a deal like you did lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just got off the phone with mike from riderdiscounts and ordered my helmet and visor. Real nice guy and very courteous.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Just got off the phone with mike from riderdiscounts and ordered my helmet and visor. Real nice guy and very courteous.
post a pic of the helmet u ordered trav when u get the chance.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well got my helmet on tuesday but I've been to busy to really post anything. Lets say the quality is amazing. Much better than my AFX. Thank you mike for helping me out. Bell did a outstanding job on this helmet. They also sent me the $40 helmet bag that I was planning on ordering. The cheek pads are a little tight and make my lips almost do the kissy face lol but I think im going to contact bell about getting some smaller ones.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts