Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, new to motorcycle life, almost got my licence, but ofc everything has been closed off.. but i hope everything will pass soon and i can finish my exam. after that i will be looking for my first bike, will be looking for some information and advice !

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
As someone who's first bike is a Z1000, it is not a good first bike. I almost died a minimum of two times the first year. Get something with less than half this torque to weight ratio.

Here's a great list of first bikes:

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Not a Starter Bike but if you get through your first year I know then you will also have immunity to The Coronavirus ...

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Welcome! If you've ever had Boone's Farm as a teenager then you're already immune to the virus :D:D Educate yourself about this virus, take the necessary precautions, be safe and live your life bro.

My first bike as an adult was a Honda 360-four ! Yes this dates me, but I thought that thing RIPPED. I paid 300 bucks for it but it about broke my wallet too!! haha

Start with something cheap but fun and go from there. If you buy it right you may be able to get your $ back out of it.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
I remember the CB Twins & the Fours but never the 360 Fours. It's a waste of a cylinder to create 90cc's.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
You're right Doc. It was a CL360. My mom had the CB 350 Four. I remember I was able to put my feet on the pegs of that thing -as she sat behind me putting her feet down when we stopped. Living in Cali privileges! :D -man, jogged thee ole memory banks there sir!

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
As we reminisced before, my first bike that I had a Licebse for was a 1976 Suzuki TC* 125 (Town & Country), Two Stroke & I thought I was God - it had a lever on the gearbox where like a 4 wheel drive you could take it from road gearing to very low gearing.

Then my Mate got a Honda XL125 & then another had a Honda CT 100 - I was away on the Farm & in the Bush for a few months & the Arms Race began with all of my Mates deciding to get dirt bikes & we suddenly upped the ante as I bought the double shock Honda XR250 & other mates got Suzuki PE175, Yamaha TT250, Kawasaki KLX250, Honda XR 185 & then we were crazy with Yamaha IT465, Honda XR ProLink 500s, Yamaha TT500s, Suzuki PE400 plus plus plus - aged 15 - 20, a full tank of gas & $5 in your pocket & you were a King for a Day

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
15 years old on the Suzuki TC 125 getting to 72 mph & if the straight was long enough, your bodyweight light enough & there was no wind with your body tucked in you could see the needle hit 79-81mph.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts