Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,
I just wanted to introduce myself.
Proud owner of a 2011 Z1000 Lime Green living in Los Angeles, CA.

Originally from Paris, France. I've ridden many bikes and I've owned the ones below in the following order:
2006 Suzuki Bandit 650
2004 Honda 919 (Hornet)
2007 Suzuki GSXR-1000 (K7)
2014 BMW S1000R

These bikes were either sold or totaled ;(

I have to say, the Z has always been one of my favorite bikes, I am extremely happy to finally own one. It is a joy to ride with lots of power, perfect for my height (5"8) and a head turner for sure.

I will keep you posted as soon as I make changes to the bike. Aftermarket parts are on the way :)

Configuration as of today (11/18/18):
Color: Lime green
Tires: Pirelli Diablo
Exhaust: Dual Yoshimura full line - absolutely love the sound
Brake and clutch levers: Green color scheme (aftermarket obviously) - not a big fan due to the seafoam green; it doesn't match the color of the bike.
Windscreen: Black Zero Gravity (Large - Long one) - not a big fan
Extra lights: LED lights surrounding the front wheel with dimmer on the handle bar (one light on each side)
Tank pad: Black TechSpec Snake Skin
Rider seat: Corbin (the most comfortable seat I've ever been on)
Handle bar: Black Rizoma
Handle grips: Black and Silver Rizoma
Extra: Gear indicator gauge on the handle bar
Extra bis: Fender eliminator kit

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
hey welcome! you should post up some pics of your bike...

quick question: does the corbin seat make the bike much higher? As in reach to the ground when stopped...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Kookinen,
Thank you for the warm welcome.

To answer your question, it doesn't make it much higher, I still touch the floor very comfortably and again, I'm only 5ft 8.

You will be very pleased with this seat, I guarantee it.

Pictures are coming... I tried earlier but the forum didn't let me for some reasons.

Best,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hello Koggs,

I hope this finds you well. Thank you for the compliment.

I have no clue since it was from the previous owner. I have a feeling they are stock, aren't they?

Ride safe!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Trebor4460 for the compliment.

I'm about to add a few things to it. Stay tuned as I need as much feedback as I can get.

Ride safe in the UK

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Hello Koggs,

I hope this finds you well. Thank you for the compliment.

I have no clue since it was from the previous owner. I have a feeling they are stock, aren't they?

Ride safe!
My rear turn sigs are stock... yours are custom. Always looking for something new. :) Those look like they fit in there quite well. Does the whole thing light up or just the outer tabs?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My rear turn sigs are stock... yours are custom. Always looking for something new. :) Those look like they fit in there quite well. Does the whole thing light up or just the outer tabs?

Hello Koggs,
Thank you for letting me know that, I had no clue. The whole thing light up. It fits perfectly, so well that it could pass for stock :)

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
? Not sure. I guess you could put it on the side, like the cruisers. Or maybe get one of those brackets that wrap around the rear tire. ??

Your location isn't bad. Maybe angle it up/back toward the underside of the seat more, for a more stealthy look. Too much angle and your local Po-Po may disagree! GL

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Julien,

Hollywood Hills here - have a stock 2016 arriving mid February with just 900 miles - have $3600 in upgrades the first day after it is registered with the old pipes then a couple of days everything will be finished & ready to ride.

(949) 274-0646

1 - 13 of 13 Posts