Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I had a Z800 2014 that I loved, but, I had to sell, since then I have been staring at this Z1000.. that I will end up buying ...
anyone had this experience from Z800 to Z1000 ?
Kind regards,
Filipe

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Welcome to the Big Boy Club.

Are you talking about buying a Z1000 2020 or a different year?

If the bike you are looking at is Z1000 2003-2016 more of us can help you - if you are looking at a 2017-2020 then those are models not made in the USA.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking for 2015 up model, a second hand motorcycle ....
Anyway feedbacks on the motorcycle, following technical issues, thats my interest in the group as well as any tip to upgrade confort or performance :)
Cheers

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
If you can buy a 2016 ( late Factory Build after November 2015) & make sure it doesn't have any false neutral or 4th gear issues.

Plus the 2015's are too green.

Like a Metallic Frog.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to know, I had the Z800 no problems at all, was a fantastic motorcycle. I can imagine Z1000 more strenght, but similar in performance .

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
If you were diagnosed with Low Testosterone before buying a Z1000, immediately upon securing ownership & putting your key in the ignition, expect your Testosterone Levels to increase in relation to the amount of time you ride the bike.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
And up until 2016, no Z1000'S have any of the electronic riding aids & gizmos - its just you & your bike

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
I have been dreaming about it since a test ride in 2018. I went to buy the bike a couple of days later but;

Moral of the Thread Above:
Because no other Motorcycle in 50 years of riding has the ability to make me feel like the "Z" does.

Because it rains Emotion, visually it floods me with Excitement, Aurally it's a Visceral Being ...

-----------------

Then I was run over a couple of weeks later on a different bike, by a Drunk Driver. Broke my leg in 11 places, my shoulder & split my helmet in half.

Promised my Family & Friends I wouldn't ride again.

But the experience of that test ride never left my Mind.

On my birthday last year on December 9th, I went crazy & started searching seriously for a low mile, late 2016 factory build unit.

Actually started the search about 6 months prior but gave up as there wasn't any local inventory with low miles AND in good condition.

Fact; Many people that are not competent riders that buy Z1000's crash in the first 1500 miles.

I found one in Florida 2 hours after the guy posted with just 900 miles & he wanted $8500 but accepted $7500 in lieu of my $600 shipping costs, etc but it didn't arrive until February 25th, looking like a bloated green pig.

60 minutes later I got it smogged & registered again as a CA vehicle at the DMV - I was lucky, the guy hadn't removed any of the emission stickers, etc - if that is done in CA, they reject the bike & it can take months of documentation to pass.

On FridayvFebruary 26th after about 10 hours with the mechanic upgrading all the aftermarket parts & shedding the green but for the 2 metallic green etches in the front fairing, I got on the bike & wheeled it out of the shop.

Below is a couple of Before & After Photos.
20200220_140745_resized_1.jpg
20200220_140603_resized_1.jpg
20200220_140756_resized_1.jpg
20200220_140621_resized_1.jpg

Just as it started to piss down for 36 hours.

But by Sunday it was dry & I put 600 miles on it just driving it around the streets of LA.

Answer to your question; less than 10 weeks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow ... great .. motorcycles is a passion.
Awsome your moto !!
blinkers, exhaust ... awsome

·
Registered
88 Posts
Later models in europe still have gearbox issues. People in UK on 2017 and up still have issues with worn dogs. Its a bit 50/50 wether you will get gearbox issues. Had my Z since '15 and no issues so far (knocks on wood) , except the lack of oilflow in the clutch. Other than that the z1000 , 2014 and up is an awesome bike .

2016 and up are all abs
2016 abd up all have slipperclutch
2017 and up all have built in gear indicators.
Think from2017 and all the bike have electronic assistance... like traction control.
And then there is the z1000r with ohlins front forks and rearshock and brembo brakes and discs.

So welcome, there is alot thi choose from

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Later models in europe still have gearbox issues. People in UK on 2017 and up still have issues with worn dogs. Its a bit 50/50 wether you will get gearbox issues. Had my Z since '15 and no issues so far (knocks on wood) , except the lack of oilflow in the clutch. Other than that the z1000 , 2014 and up is an awesome bike .

2016 and up are all abs
2016 abd up all have slipperclutch
2017 and up all have built in gear indicators.
Think from2017 and all the bike have electronic assistance... like traction control.
And then there is the z1000r with ohlins front forks and rearshock and brembo brakes and discs.

So welcome, there is alot thi choose from

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, z1000r with ohlns and brembo looks good :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts