Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and welcome to the forum! Congrats on the bike!

We don't get many Gen 2 bikes, and yours looks super clean!

Did you have to off-road it to the helipad from the street?
yeah it's a shame there's not more Gen 2's (and aftermarket options) here, wonder why that is? Did they not sell well, or are they a black sheep for some particular reason?

Anyway, real happy with mine, quite clean only 30,000kms, a few tiny paint chips and a bunch of Rizoma stuff.

To get up there was not off-road, more like a paved narrow access trail width of a car. Just tight turns all the way up, taken slowly in 1st.

Here's a couple more pics :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
yeah it's a shame there's not more Gen 2's (and aftermarket options) here, wonder why that is? Did they not sell well, or are they a black sheep for some particular reason?

Anyway, real happy with mine, quite clean only 30,000kms, a few tiny paint chips and a bunch of Rizoma stuff.

To get up there was not off-road, more like a paved narrow access trail width of a car. Just tight turns all the way up, taken slowly in 1st.

Here's a couple more pics :)
Nobody had any money in 08/09, and new motorcycles aren't really a necessary item for people, so they prioritize other things. Not many motorcycles sold at all in those years.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The 2nd gen is what made me fall in love with the Z. I remember going to my local KTM/Suzuki/Kawi dealer in 2008 to pick up some parts for my 625 SMC and drooling over a brand new white with red seat 2nd gen Z1000 and thinking that once these get down to $5k I'll get one.

Then 2018 when I was looking for one, I've looked for a white 2nd gen for at least 3 months, all over the place even in neighboring states, couldn't find one. I bought a white 3rd gen because I thought it looked just as good and it had the same funky blunderbus style mufflers. Wouldn't ya know it, 3 weeks after I bought my 3rd gen a white 2008 2nd gen with 3000 original miles came up for sale.... Oh well, I'm happy with my 3rd gen now, I'm told it's a better bike, but the 2nd gen is my first love.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts