Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so fitted my brake lines today, did front fine. Come to do the back lines and could not for the life of me get the bolt that feeds to the ABS undone.

Taken it to my local Kawasaki dealer to see if that can just do that for me as they probably come across it all the time, now they are stating that they will need to bleed the ABS system which will probably cost £100 due to taking about an hour and brake fluid...

My mate is a car mechanic and thinks that's a load of crap...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Shop around. Most shops will punish you for finishing a job you started,so take it somewhere with a better attitude. Bleeding ABS is no different to bleeding conventional non ABS systems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shop around. Most shops will punish you for finishing a job you started,so take it somewhere with a better attitude. Bleeding ABS is no different to bleeding conventional non ABS systems.
Just want to be sure my brakes won't fail as he was saying if I brake heavy and the abs comes on and there is air in the system then the brakes could completely fail! As long as i'm sure that won't happen I will call them before they touch it and just ask them just connect it.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
What that mechanic says isnt really possible. If you are worried about that, do this.

Install lines and bleed brakes. Test ride the bike. Do a few stops where you activate the rear abs. Youll find it works like it should.

If you really want to upgrade your brakes, you have to change brake pads. No garbage pads like EBC or Galfer. High quality brake pads. You want Vesrah, CL, DP....something like that. A set of quality pads does more than the lines will, especially the rear brake.

·
Registered
249 Posts
what gen Z bike do you have jim? I looked under your info and I only saw the pics of your kawasaki triple. Awesome bike. I have a 72 😌

1 - 8 of 8 Posts