Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went ahead and ordered the gear selector. finally the green is back in stock. they seem to have updated this component. slightly different/new part number.

GPDT-K04-GR

·
Registered
448 Posts
went ahead and ordered the gear selector. finally the green is back in stock. they seem to have updated this component. slightly different/new part number.

GPDT-K04-GR

Used to have a healtech on my 2007 Z1000.
Back then you could order it with an external display. I used a dremel to cut out a rectangle in the tachometer and place it there. It was a nice way to 'hide' it, but you could see the it was cut by hand. No clean edges.

Cant find any pics of mine. All i have is my old invoice

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
super easy to install. true plug and play. mounted using double sided tape/ adhesive patch that came with it. the delay is typical as everyone says. not instant. i bought it mostly to keep me from trying to shift into 7th gear. the gear ratios are so close on this motorcycle i have a difficult time telling one from another some days. the display is super bright. recommend the green.

·
Registered
3 Posts
super easy to install. true plug and play. mounted using double sided tape/ adhesive patch that came with it. the delay is typical as everyone says. not instant. i bought it mostly to keep me from trying to shift into 7th gear. the gear ratios are so close on this motorcycle i have a difficult time telling one from another some days. the display is super bright. recommend the green.
Cheers mate - that's the main use I want to use it for as well! I"m doing 80k or so of commute at 100-110 KPH and just wish it has an 7th gear lol.

And noted on the green, it was probably my colour of choice in anycase!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts