Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys. I'm new to z100s and would like some help from you guys. I recently picked up an 04 Z1000 with a Micron single slipon. I'm trying to figure out what kind of options I have to upgrade the headers. I hate the idea of the stock headers robbing me of some of the potential this engine has.

I have seen just a couple full systems for the Z and would like to keep from buying a full system and selling off the slipon. Although I will consider this for a cooler high mount or underseat exhaust.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looked on their site and it only shows 2010s. I know throughout my internet searches I have seen people talking about Muzzy headers, but I can't seem to find them or any other make that sells just the headers.

nota, where did you order your full Muzzy from? $425 seems to be the magic number. There is the ebay deal for Leo Vince for that same price. I've been consider the LV since it's a highmout and full system.

Looks like the Micron single slipon might have to go. I'll keep looking. Thanks for the help so far guys.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Looked on their site and it only shows 2010s. I know throughout my internet searches I have seen people talking about Muzzy headers, but I can't seem to find them or any other make that sells just the headers.

nota, where did you order your full Muzzy from? $425 seems to be the magic number. There is the ebay deal for Leo Vince for that same price. I've been consider the LV since it's a highmout and full system.

Looks like the Micron single slipon might have to go. I'll keep looking. Thanks for the help so far guys.
found a page under muzzy exhaust close out.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
call them direct

MUZZY bend or
ph # 541-3850706
it was a 1/2 off sale, when i called they already were out of 4-1 pipes for the 03-06 z 1000 being what the economy is they were happy to make and ship me one for 425 shipped. got in about 5 days. VERY HAPPY. muzzy does not use that ugly strap around the muffler. every exhaust has a welded tang on the muffler for a custom fit. the alu can polishes up real nice. i hope you casn still get on. deal with them direct.

·
Registered
57 Posts
looks like you got a wicked deal. it usually pays to take to the manufacturer directly since you can haggle prices with them easier than you can with a distributor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts