Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

Head pin for a 2010

2K views 31 replies 6 participants last post by  TheDoctor 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I need a head stand for the Z and need to know the size of pin needed. Google has not been very helpful. Anyone know the size?

#10 ·
Did, and done with the removal. Will install tomorrow.

Being a newbie to front stands, I had a difficult time raising the front without it wanting to push fwd. Had to watch a couple vids to make sure I had everything right. Finally figured it out. Probably a senior moment !!

That head pin hole in the triple tree is H U G E I took a deep dish socket and put it in the TT hole then put the largest pin the kit offered inside of the socket -to help with the slop.

Only one bonehead move and thankfully it didn't hurt anything, except my pride haha!

and oh my goodness there are a lot of wires from my mods to the light. What was I thinking!! Might be a good time to clean things up a bit, but space is tight under there.

#12 ·
no worries! I called the shop to see if I could reschedule. They said yes, but they're two weeks out, which sucks. Figured I'd man-up and get it done so I can ride this weekend :geek:

All the vids I watched the pin hole in the triple tree was pretty small. I had a cap on mine but like I said, it was huge compared to the largest pin in the kit.

#13 ·
Busted my arse and got the forks to the shop on time for my appointment. Got a phone call from the manager saying they ran into a snag. Seems their guy checked in my parts when UPS delivered it but they couldn't find it. It will now be finished next week. Was looking fwd to riding it today and tomorrow, but oh well. Stuff happens.

...sitting, waiting, wishing

#15 ·
Koggs, if you look at post #5, this guy also used to have a Honda 360

#16 ·
I aint touchin it! I know that stand is solid, but the thought of something going wrong makes me pucker!

There's so many wires up front, I really over did it. Should revise it all but will probably save that for another (winter) day.

New shmoo needs a deep clean ;)

360's rock! haha

#21 ·
Trust me Koggs,

I have been to his house & seen his bikes, the guy is a Mechanical Whiz, and, a Z1000 diehard.

Case in point, I am a Z1000 Zealot but I have my mechanical limitations.

This is how I measure* the circumference of the condiment container at Dennys;

*I also allowed for minute differences caused by Wind Speed, Altitude, Sugar Volume, Humidity & the RISOG Factor.

Finger Skin Nail Hand Material property

#28 · (Edited)
Not had to do the seals on the z yet but no problem when it needs it.... Stripped the forks on the rsv4 and the hyper.... Not that hard ... Having the special tools to hand before you start is a must... Like fork seal driving tools off the top of my head first...!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

#27 ·
When I locked the front brake and pushed it made a not so good sound. Last time I rode it, it felt like I was fighting the steering. Like it was super stiff. Remember when it bout took my thumb off when I went over a smooth set of RR tracks? Thought I was going down. Maybe they were trying to tell me to fix'm! Help! haha!

Never saw any leaks.

#29 ·
4th gen has the Showa SFF-BP forks, so some special tool will be required to strip the forks, such as a 45mm 8-sided fork top socket, and the 35mm damping rod holding tool. The 3rd gen has standard 41mm USD's from Showa and that you can strip with just basic hand tools.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.