Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Trust me Koggs,

I have been to his house & seen his bikes, the guy is a Mechanical Whiz, and, a Z1000 diehard.

Case in point, I am a Z1000 Zealot but I have my mechanical limitations.

This is how I measure* the circumference of the condiment container at Dennys;

*I also allowed for minute differences caused by Wind Speed, Altitude, Sugar Volume, Humidity & the RISOG Factor.

20200907_153537.jpg

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thank you. Huge! I'll need to get that pin for future lifts.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just having the seals, bushings and oil replaced. Bike has 11k mi. It was time. :)

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Are you serious Koggs,

These Bikes are made to well maintained & then ridden. These bikes are fun. This is a lot of work, its more than just changing the oil.

Who else has done this?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
When I locked the front brake and pushed it made a not so good sound. Last time I rode it, it felt like I was fighting the steering. Like it was super stiff. Remember when it bout took my thumb off when I went over a smooth set of RR tracks? Thought I was going down. Maybe they were trying to tell me to fix'm! Help! haha!

Never saw any leaks.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Are you serious Koggs,

These Bikes are made to well maintained & then ridden. These bikes are fun. This is a lot of work, its more than just changing the oil.

Who else has done this?
Not had to do the seals on the z yet but no problem when it needs it.... Stripped the forks on the rsv4 and the hyper.... Not that hard ... Having the special tools to hand before you start is a must... Like fork seal driving tools off the top of my head first...!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
4th gen has the Showa SFF-BP forks, so some special tool will be required to strip the forks, such as a 45mm 8-sided fork top socket, and the 35mm damping rod holding tool. The 3rd gen has standard 41mm USD's from Showa and that you can strip with just basic hand tools.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well, the shop didn't have my box of parts like they thought they did so I'm waiting until that arrives. Should have them by Wed or Thurs.

Ungarisch I'm bout 190lbs. ...the older I get the more that number moves up... then down ...then up ..etc etc.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Terrible timing since there's now a fire that's somewhat close, and the winds have gone crazy and are now blowing west instead of the normal east. Can't pull my truck in the garage since my bike, that was only supposed to be apart for two days, is now still apart and taking up space :( Pic taken this morning.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Stop whining Koggs,

Put that 190lbs to wait & shuffle over the bike.

Back the truck in.

Or pretty soon the next message we will get will be;

"Going outside to load the truck, the fire looks like its heading our way ..."

Note; always have your vehicle started before the flames get close, sometimes due to the lack of oxygen, you cannot start modern* vehicles & remember, save those bags you paid too much postage for.

*fact

21 - 32 of 32 Posts