Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need a head stand for the Z and need to know the size of pin needed. Google has not been very helpful. Anyone know the size?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, well, don't really know. Gen 3 here.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Ok... Well I've got some pins for mine so I can try the closest and let you know...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The guy At cycle gear said the one he had would fit a Ninja 1000. So I'm assuming it would be the same and fit mine.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ok... Well I've got some pins for mine so I can try the closest and let you know...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Do you have a working headlift for gen4 that doesnt touch the fender or headlight?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bought the stand today. got home and thought about the front wheel axle nut ...:mad: hope I have that one.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did, and done with the removal. Will install tomorrow.

Being a newbie to front stands, I had a difficult time raising the front without it wanting to push fwd. Had to watch a couple vids to make sure I had everything right. Finally figured it out. Probably a senior moment !!

That head pin hole in the triple tree is H U G E I took a deep dish socket and put it in the TT hole then put the largest pin the kit offered inside of the socket -to help with the slop.

Only one bonehead move and thankfully it didn't hurt anything, except my pride haha!

and oh my goodness there are a lot of wires from my mods to the light. What was I thinking!! Might be a good time to clean things up a bit, but space is tight under there.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no worries! I called the shop to see if I could reschedule. They said yes, but they're two weeks out, which sucks. Figured I'd man-up and get it done so I can ride this weekend :geek:

All the vids I watched the pin hole in the triple tree was pretty small. I had a cap on mine but like I said, it was huge compared to the largest pin in the kit.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Busted my arse and got the forks to the shop on time for my appointment. Got a phone call from the manager saying they ran into a snag. Seems their guy checked in my parts when UPS delivered it but they couldn't find it. It will now be finished next week. Was looking fwd to riding it today and tomorrow, but oh well. Stuff happens.

...sitting, waiting, wishing

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Koggs, if you look at post #5, this guy also used to have a Honda 360

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I aint touchin it! I know that stand is solid, but the thought of something going wrong makes me pucker!

There's so many wires up front, I really over did it. Should revise it all but will probably save that for another (winter) day.

New shmoo needs a deep clean ;)

360's rock! haha

·
Registered
168 Posts
Busted my arse and got the forks to the shop on time for my appointment. Got a phone call from the manager saying they ran into a snag. Seems their guy checked in my parts when UPS delivered it but they couldn't find it. It will now be finished next week. Was looking fwd to riding it today and tomorrow, but oh well. Stuff happens.

...sitting, waiting, wishing
View attachment 84843
it's probably too late now, but I'm selling my fully built racetech forks, basically brand new with 900 miles on them. I'm just asking what ever the components cost and the install labours, the forks come with it free. :oops:

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what yr bike?

The forks are at the shop so I'm on the hook for that$

1 - 20 of 32 Posts