Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what size head lift stand is needed for a 2015 US market? Called a parts house I've bought lots of stuff from before and they drew a blank on the model I have.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have looked around, and havent foud any headlifts that will fit under a gen 4, cause the headlight sits way too low. You might be able to fit one in if you remove the feont fender first.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
The hole under the top yoke is quite large,on all the stands I've seen the adaptor is way too small.

I don't know if you have Abba stands over there,but the 'front lift kit' is a very useful addition.

I think Ungarisch uses one,he'll be along shortly to say what it is.

·
Registered
317 Posts
the pin size needs to be 27mm. If you buy one of the cheap chinese stands then those usually come with at least 5 different pin sizes, the largest one works on our bikes. If you buy a higher quality stand, like a Pit Bull, then you need to specify the 27mm pin. This is for a 3rd gen, tho most probably the 4th gen should be the same.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Pinsize wise those probably will fit. Ill take ungarish his word any day, but the head lifts ive tried sofar for my gen4 always keep hitting either the fender or the headlight cowl when trying to lift the bike off its frontwheel, because there is not enough clearance.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I use a Constands lift to get both wheels off the ground. I was lucky to get a nice price on a second hand on the internet.

An Abba stand like skub mentioned is a very popular UK brand, which is also xheaper than a Constands. These are two options I'm at 100% sure on will lift both wheels of a gen4 off the floor

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have a full air lift, and if you’re going to be in the motorcycle world it’s worth owning if you’re in it for the long-haul. If not, I would go for a side type lift stand.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have a full air lift, and if you’re going to be in the motorcycle world it’s worth owning if you’re in it for the long-haul. If not, I would go for a side type lift stand.

View attachment 85418

View attachment 85419

View attachment 85420

View attachment 85421

View attachment 85422
We got the same lift. I love it, I share a storage unit with a buddy of mine. I can easily maneuvre my bike tight against the so he can drag his stretched cbr into our space. And i can get mine out with ease aswell

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I used the largest one that came with the Trackside lifts from Cycle Gear. It worked but was smaller than the hole.

I removed the front headlight assembly to avoid messing with hitting it, as Invitro said.
I'm planning on a different look anyway so figured it was a good time to do it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
for me, since the 27mm pin seats perfectly in the steering stem, I have no issues with the stand putting pressure on the headlight housing, it touches but barely.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
That's because the red and white models were not as aggressive. Factory they're set to 'Passive' . haha!

Good pic! I have stuff for my LED's mounted directly underneath, therefore, I must remove. Good time for a revision. :devilish:

·
Registered
317 Posts
That's because the red and white models were not as aggressive. Factory they're set to 'Passive' . haha!

Good pic! I have stuff for my LED's mounted directly underneath, therefore, I must remove. Good time for a revision. :devilish:
I too have LED headlight bulbs, the 5k VLEDS H7's, nice neutral white color, looks completely OEM and not like those cheap Autozone hyper-blue 6.5k ones. I mounted the drivers behind the windshield fairing.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
haha yup blue not my style either.

I'm liking the simplicity. Looks like it fits perfect too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts