Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

here are some recent pics of my bike, take in our new/modern style part of the city, which is a mix of very old warehouses and very modern appartments/offices, all sorrounded by small canals of the river Elbe and including many bridges, the "Hafencity"

Location Info/Pics

On Maps

Some of the Photos have been slightly edited in photoshop, as the sun was a little too bright that day and I wanted to get the most out of it, since I am now using them as wallpaper for my office PC and mobile phone etc.....

Mods so far:
- DEVIL carbon fiber exhaust
- Flashed ECU
- CF Radiator Guards
- Small China mirrors
- HEL transparent-blue Brake and Clutch Lines
- Kellermann rear-/brakelight and indicator combo
- SAMCO coolant hoses of a K8 Hayabusa
- BMC Air-Filter
- Self-made Plate holder

Upcoming Mods:
- A f**king lot

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I love that undertail exhaust! Nice bike!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the bike a little intimidating.
It surely is, but it is just so forgiving in the low RPMs (until 5.000) and so easily to ride eventhough it has this high amount of power.....and if you go beyond it is just.....AWESOME

@DMulcahey: Thanks, yes I love them too, and imo they have the best German Street legal sound you can get for the B-King

@Barry: Go for a B-King, you will not be disappointed and you can get nice deals for it :cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys, made a little Video of our 3 days trip to the “Weser Mountain Area”, it is not one of these "illegal-high-speed-big-balls-show-off videos", more like a chill out motorbike clip for bad weather days, but that's what I like more ;).

Went there with my dad and 2 friends, we were really lucky with the weather (looked very bad in between, but stayed dry), it is a very nice area with some mountains and some very nice twisty roads.

Used "Sony Vegas 12" to make the Video, only have very basic knowledge of the software and hope to improve until the next Video J

Hope you like it though and if you have any tipps let me know (do not yet have such great GoPro equipment such as Pashnit has on hit Z :thumbsup: )

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Guys,

minor update, long story short: GoPro Hero 3 Silver died, got the money back from Amazon and bought a brand new Hero 3+ Black for nearly the same money

So of I went to maybe one of the last blasts for this season on my home track and tried different camera perspectives, soon a RAM mount will follow to have even more possibilities :affraid:

Hope you like it, will also try to attach a microphone to the exhausts next time to have better sound and not just music

Next on the to-do-list:
- Power Commander V
- Quick Shifter
- Exhaust Valve elimination
- Cold Air intake

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So Guys, after the Video-Update with our new GoPro I now have a Picture-Update.

Got a new DSLR (Sony Alpha58) for my birthday and last weekend my old man and I grabbed a Tripod and went to the underground parking of my office to try it out :rabbit: Some might have already seen them on FB, hope you like it, I am more than satisfied

·
Registered
165 Posts
That is one slick looking bike!

How's it compare to the Z1000? It has to be a complete beast.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is one slick looking bike!

How's it compare to the Z1000? It has to be a complete beast.
Thanks man :eek:ccasion:

I have to admit, that I have not ridden the 2010 Z, yet, but in general up to 4K/5K RPM it (the B-King) is a very gentle, forgiving bike and nice to cruise, but if you go beyond, it really pulls your arms off and is one mean beast (the good way), I just love it, the style is not everyone's cup of tea, but that's always the same I guess.

If you get a chance, ride one, as I will definately do with the Z (2010 and 2014), but anyhow would not trade my King for a Z, but would take a Z as a second bike :cool:

·
Super Moderator
3,337 Posts
Thanks man :eek:ccasion:

I have to admit, that I have not ridden the 2010 Z, yet, but in general up to 4K/5K RPM it (the B-King) is a very gentle, forgiving bike and nice to cruise, but if you go beyond, it really pulls your arms off and is one mean beast (the good way), I just love it, the style is not everyone's cup of tea, but that's always the same I guess.

If you get a chance, ride one, as I will definately do with the Z (2010 and 2014), but anyhow would not trade my King for a Z, but would take a Z as a second bike :cool:
I have ridden both and the BKing will KILL the Z on the straight away but the Z is a lot more nimble in the curves.....need to have both bikes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The B King pros:

Faster than the Z throughout the whole powerband
Way more compliant, soaks up bumps
More stable
Gearing is perfect (not too tall or too short)
Excellent handling, fully adjustable suspension
Better wind protection than the Z
High quality refined machine

Cons:

Too wide, awkward seating position with legs wide apart (not uncomfortable)
Steering is heavy at low speeds, similar low speed feel like a cruiser
Z is better looking
My Z gets many more compliments

The B King is a phenomenal bike but it lacks the very important feature of being
nimble at lower speeds

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The B King is a phenomenal bike but it lacks the very important feature of being nimble at lower speeds
can not totally agree to that, there might be more nimble bikes aroung (bet the Z is), but with the right tyres and once you are used to the bike, it is quite nimble, also at lower speeds, in my opinion, once it rolls you do not feel the weight or long wheelbase anymore.

Looks might be the same like with the Z, there are a lot of people who like it but also a lot that don't, but I don't care, I love it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Moinsen,

took the King for a Dyno run, to see what he is pushing now before the winter mods.

I am not very happy with it, it is running prity rich since the flash, but Airbox-mod and Cold-Air-Intake, together with the planned Power Commander V and a custom Map will take care of that after the winter.

Furthermore we discovered that the dB-eater design of the DEVIL eaters is not the best performance-wise and there are abt 6HP difference between having them installed and not, so bigger eaters will be ordered and the stupid grids at their ends will be removed to allow the gases to flow nicely...

Anyhow, since I know where the problems are and what to do, I am already prity excited to start modding again and to have it mapped next year.

Also made a little video to document everything from the beginning, hope you like it, I think I am improving my Sony Vegas Skills :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts