Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the way the 2010 z1000 exhaust tips look, but what I don't love is the sound and the weight. So I ask this: what do you guys think about gutting out the inner pipes and chambers from the stock tips? I've already done the drilled out tip mod that everyone is doing, but I'm looking at going a step forward...any input?

·
Registered
744 Posts
hi

Have you got picks and maybe some tips on how to drill the ends as it is not really slear on where i have to drill??? May be a silly Question but i rather be right then wrong when drilling. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts

i got mine 2008 stock exhaust modified too ,i remove the baffles and make a big hole inside the end can , sadly to say that the sound aint munch different , i can hardly hear any sound while accelerating ,and can only hear a wee bit of sound if ur close to the exhaust , i dun know wat went wrong but it was a disapoitment and great waste of time and work :dontknow:

·
Registered
163 Posts
On mine i took the end caps off the pipes by grinding the spot welds. Then with the caps off i cut 10" out of all 4 pipes. then i simply tack welded the caps back into place. Looks great and sounds like the devil is trying to escape. very deep and throaty. wind it up and roll of the throttle and it sound pissed off..... spits and pops.... very pleasing to listen to. But still i ride it 400 miles every other weekend and it is not annoying to listen to on the highway. Whole mod took 15 min.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts