Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes, you can - the website is here;

And I can only recommend the INVIEW Company above because it wires DIRECTLY into your bike's CANBUS connections.

Plus it has a Turn Signal/Indicator Function
which is for me the buying differential between this unit or the Brakefree below the ----

It also has a ALWAYS ON Feature to add to your Visibility.

Watch "Introducing inView, the Helmet Brake and Signal Light" on YouTube

The above video is a boring but informative one from the company that answers all your questions ie; battery life is 2-3 months.

I did 400 miles last night & all I could think of was "what if I get rear ended tonight because I couldn't get my rear end to order that device ..."

Plus you pay the money today $249 & its here in a couple of days depending on delivery options.

People on Amazon are happy but I know it's better for you & the company profit & relationship wise of you order from them directly.

------------------------

Asethetically I prefer the aesthetics of the Brakefree unit seen here in their Facebook page BUT ITS SEEMINGLY ONLY AVAILABLE ON PREORDER - plus I don't trust anything that isn't wired directly.

The Brakefree is larger which I like & a sexier display.

It seems they already have some influencers* in possession of them, although this guy who rides a motorcycle finally got his delivered after investing in their kickstarter funding program 3 years ago!

Watch "Chooch Reviews - Brakefree" on YouTube

And here is a video, from a skateboard/one wheel user & it looks like it works great with such intuitive ptechnology.

Watch "Ride SMARTER & SAFER with Brake Free!" on YouTube

IF ANYONE HERE OWNS EITHER, WOULD LOVE TO KNOW YOUR EXPERIENCES ...

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Will follow up next day or so & get info from both companies - if I am going to keep my bike I am going to get one or the other - yesterday as I was passing through San Francisco around 7pm with low traffic, clear skies & dry conditions I heard & then saw a pick up truck hit the car in the lane beside me at 30mph without braking & then try & drive away.

If he had hit anyone of us on a bike - arrrgh!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Will follow up next day or so & get info from both companies - if I am going to keep my bike I am going to get one or the other - yesterday as I was passing through San Francisco around 7pm with low traffic, clear skies & dry conditions I heard & then saw a pick up truck hit the car in the lane beside me at 30mph without braking & then try & drive away.

If he had hit anyone of us on a bike - arrrgh!
Hi, I ran across you post and wanted to jump in and help if I can. I work for Third Eye Design and can provide all the information you need. inView and Brake are vastly different. Please reach out anytime. Best regards, David

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
David,
Can you point out for us here what you think are relevant points we should consider.

Aesthetics are important for all of us, I love the way Brake looks but will it keep me as safe as the INVIEW?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Absolutely. First off, I have a Brake Free. It's big. It may be harder to fit on many helmets. It's bright - and that is a real plus. One element that was confusing to me was the decision to use a brown plastic on the outside of the light (I ordered my in "standard" color). Here are the key differences -
  • you have to turn Brake Free on before every ride (inView does not have a switch so you never need to remember to turn it on or off)
  • Brake Free is relatively heavy at 7.4 oz (vs inView which is 4 oz)
  • Brake Free suggests you charge the batteries after every use (inView's batteries last 1-2 months)
  • if Brake Free's batteries die mid-ride you have to wait to charge it before using it again. if inView's batteries die mid-ride - simply replace them (they are AAA)
  • Brake free is only a deceleration light and does not offer turn signals. inView integrates with your motorcycle (so it does what the motorcycle does in terms of braking and signaling) - and also offers a deceleration function that illuminates the helmet light and an included accessory brake light that mounts near your tail light.This is a key distinction. A DOT study on accessory motorcycle brake lights warned of the use of stand alone deceleration lights. In their study, they found following motorists did not understand the lights (since they didn't always go off with the motorcycles brake lights) - and concluded by saying that motorists tend to ignore what they don't understand. third Eye Design worked with DOT contacts to address this issue by including a bright waterproof accessory light that attaches to the motorcycle that goes off whenever there is physical or passive braking.
  • Brake Free does not have a companion application. inView features an iOS or Android companion application to test functionality, update firmware, adjust deceleration sensitivity and add features.
  • Brake Free has a running light option (this is not currently an option with inView, but could be turned on with firmware and enough customer demand)
  • Brake Free is currently $169.99, inView is $224.95 for a limited time with coupon code inviewdw25 (249.95 retail)
All in all, adding a light high and center is a great idea. I hope this helps.

Be Safe, Be Seen everyone,

David

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
David,

Thank you!

If you also happened to own a Z1000, that would be a deal maker.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts