Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Its actually called InVIEW, NOT InWiew as they claim in the article.

This is the actual website above, $249 from everything I have read, the best, hassle free technology that will save your life & or, unnecessary physical pain.

As it is, I* already have the extra bright, turn signal & brakes integrated BlasterX Rear Brake Light with the Strobe Light. Super bright & customise.

And the Front Indicator Lights, both from CUSTOM LED - any year you have they make upgrades easy.

The stock rear light, fender & indicators front & back on the 2016 would look big on a 757.

*I believe Koggs has a favourite manufacturer also

Has anyone else tried this technology?

I looked at quite a few Helmet Brake Lights over the years but this company seems to be the only one who have worked out all the kinks.

It's wired directly into your CANBUS so its instantaneous.

There is also this version below which looks more modern but I don't know if the technology is error free there or if its available to buy now or its still available only on kickstarter?

I am wary of using this last unit as its not wired in to yout brake or indicator - it simply uses your movement in space, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stock front is less bright than small CUSTOMLED replacements.

I still have to pay the shop to remove the large brackets that held the front indicators

20200220_140756_resized_1.jpg
20200223_101449_resized_1.jpg
20200223_101418_resized_1.jpg
20200223_101408_resized_1.jpg

·
Registered
277 Posts
Integrated lights are forbidden in the netherlands. Resr and frinr blinkers need to be apart a certain distance. Legislation will be changed aswell to make all lighting not physically mounted to a vehical illegal. I just stick to my to strobe brake light. Dont want to attract attention to my bike and have law enforcement discover i decatted the exhaust and ride without my db-killers

I just ordered a 2 euro brakelight module fron china, which solders ibti you excisting brakelight wiring

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I said, when I hit the roads in the Netherlands I shall be on my trike ...

images (7).jpeg
images (2).jpeg
images (6).jpeg

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hahaha... living in the Netherlands has its up and downs I guess

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Those look good Doc. Cleans it right up and looks tons better.

Oddly, I have always liked the stock turn signals because of their size and visibility. Smaller or integrated look so much better though. -which is why I caved and bought the integrated rear signal ! Like you said, super bright and attn getters for sure.

You should be able to remove those housings from the front with some basic tools, and time. I may keep my empty (rear) turn signal holes to use when I attach the tail bag and or side bags. Not sure yet.

I like that third trike, but the recliner wins. !

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For me, living in LA, waiting at the red light for it to turn & all thr lunatics coming up behind me or anytime I brake, this seems a no brainer.

The only problem is the fact that drunk drivers when the are truly $#@ up are attracted to bright lights.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
He didn't.

When you take off the huge indicator lights there is a mounting bracket on either side that is left.

If you enlarge this photo you can see the bracket.

20200223_101408_resized_1.jpg

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yeah, since they're moved to a new location, didn't he drill holes to mount the new ones?

still looks clean to me tho.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Assistant didn't check the clearance when he drilled the holes - when I went to lock the steering that night you can see from the first photo that the stalks were bent.

I was pissed.

They then if you look at photo 2 & 3 had to remove the rubber spacer in order to have it fit - now it clears by a red ***** hair.

The blinkers are by Customled.com

Very bright.
20200222_233010_resized_1.jpg
20200222_094127_resized_1.jpg
20200223_101418_resized_1.jpg

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
man, I woulda been torqued too. Surprised they forgot that part of fitment! Glad it was sorted. They look great.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sure, it does look goodwhere they are positioned right now. Maybe there was a good reason for drilling holes, was just wondering. I mounted my aftermarket turnsignals on the orginal big holes.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Show us a photo - I just saw a bike for sale on Craigslist where they mounted directly onto the brackets

5ec63afbc076d653d36f180d.jpg
5ec63a155640151f9c4fc406.jpg

·
Registered
277 Posts
@TheDoctor This is how my turn signals are mounted. Using a kawasaki cover plate. On the backside a piece of sheet matel cut in shape and bolted. The original bracket is sandwiched between the sheetmetal and coverplate, so it keeps tight and locked in position

·
Registered
881 Posts
Saw the Brake Free a couple of years back....has anyone actually got one now...? Id buy one but its not very clear if you can actually buy them yet...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts