Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any try this RAM B-231z-2 device to mount to arm connecting handlebar to the steering column? I can't find anywhere else on the handlebar for the base?

(Couldn't figure out how to insert a picture, but you can search the device on Ram Mount website). Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As for mirror mounts, the ninja 250 board has good pics and instructions on how to re-tap unused mirror holes. I would attach pics of my set-up on my old 250, but I can't figure out how to insert a pic here (any ideas?).

As for mounting the gps to my 2011 ninja 1000, I think I found the solution. There's insufficient bar space for a u ring clamp base on the stock bars. But, Ram Mount has a device that holds a mounting ball on the clutch and/or brake clamp - product RAM-B-309-1U. I'll upload pics once I do it (i've seen some pics from someone else and it appears to work).

·
Registered
5 Posts
What are you guys smoking? My Garmin zumo mount fits on the handlebar just fine.

Oh, wait, I get it. You have the new bike. I have an '07.

By the way, to insert pics, you have make an album here first, then load your pics in the album. "Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'."

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What are you guys smoking? My Garmin zumo mount fits on the handlebar just fine.

Oh, wait, I get it. You have the new bike. I have an '07.

By the way, to insert pics, you have make an album here first, then load your pics in the album. "Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'."
I do have the 2011 Ninja 1000. I ended up going with the RAM clutch/brake solution. It seems to work fine. Still don't know how anyone else found room on the handlebars.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
My solution:

-drill hole in to handlebars bracket, left corner
-put bolt throw bracket and RAM mount ball there

Very easy and cheap install:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts