Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been talking to a machine shop guy and I'm going to be sending him some stock parts to measure. If anyone has the following items just laying around and doesn't need 'em, let me know. I didn't get into specifics, but I'm sure he'll work a deal on billet parts if he can use some stock ones for measurement because you'll be saving him the hassle of buying the parts himself. :dontknow:

Engine covers for all models. I'm trying to find a set of first gen ones for my bike, but he said he'll make whatever will sell.

Bar clamps, all years.

Brake reservoir covers, front and rear.

Injector guards.

Gauge ring. That plastic ring around the first gen gauge, the actual cover. I would like to see one of those in billet.

Think of other stuff, he's open to ideas. Any of the billet stuff is available in multiple finishes too, and he's done good work. Polished, brushed, anodized almost any color, you name it. I'll be posting pics of my finished project as soon as my chain guard he made comes, this weekend at the latest.

·
Registered
752 Posts
When you say engine covers, do you mean the small round pucks on the first gen bikes, or do you mean the actual engine case cover??

Because I happen to have the right side (where the oil goes) case cover just sitting in a box. I had an accident that wasnt my fault, and the piece had a small scratch on it, so it was replaced and I kept the damaged one. If thats what you are looking for, Ive got one.

I also have a spare screen for the first gen, a spare bar end weight, and a spare front seat with red on it (from the black model.) Hit me with a PM is you are interested in any of them.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you say engine covers, do you mean the small round pucks on the first gen bikes, or do you mean the actual engine case cover??

Because I happen to have the right side (where the oil goes) case cover just sitting in a box. I had an accident that wasnt my fault, and the piece had a small scratch on it, so it was replaced and I kept the damaged one. If thats what you are looking for, Ive got one.

I also have a spare screen for the first gen, a spare bar end weight, and a spare front seat with red on it (from the black model.) Hit me with a PM is you are interested in any of them.

The little round pucks is what I meant. He said he could make a case out of billet, but that would be ridiculously expensive.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I have the squarish looking timing cover....

·
Registered
752 Posts
The little round pucks is what I meant. He said he could make a case out of billet, but that would be ridiculously expensive.
Thats what I figured! Thought I would give it a shot anyway!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the squarish looking timing cover....

That squarish cover wouldn't happen to be the one in front of the engine covers on the right (when your on it) side of the bike would it? If so, maybe we can work out something to get it to this guy and have some billet parts made.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
That squarish cover wouldn't happen to be the one in front of the engine covers on the right (when your on it) side of the bike would it? If so, maybe we can work out something to get it to this guy and have some billet parts made.
It is, and I have a billet cover on mine now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
pm sent

1 - 9 of 9 Posts