Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well I am a Physiologist, maybe I can help you?

Any fingers bent at angles?
Where is the hand swollen, in the palm, the fingers, the wrist?
If its simply your fingers that are swollen, wrap them in ice for 30 minutes, 3-4 times per day.
Once they warm up, gently exercise them with a ball in your palm, closing & gripping.
You may simply have a series of sprained fingers - a photo would help me but if its a sprain the swelling generally the swelling will be minimal.
Yes I had been icing since yesterday and also taking antiinflamatory 500 mg twice a day plus a cream but still painful I was avoiding to go to the H but I guess I will have to get an X-ray just to make sure I didn’t break any bone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
If you are talking about an injury between your thumb & forefinger & in the fall you overstretched/tore that space you are probably dealing with an injury of the ulnar collateral ligament & possibly, without deformity, an avulsion injury (where the stresses causes the tendon to detach from the bony surface & remove part if the bone at the same time).

Here is a quick google search below to the former. Perhaps your Doctor can do a Telemedicine interview.

Please understand ligament injuries are painful & slow to heal, especially in such a critical joint.

You could go to an Urgent Care Clinic or a Hospital for an XRAY but during this time of Covid 19 proceed with caution if you choose to do so.

Also known as Skier's Thumb, etc.

PS. You are your own best Doctor, you may have to resort to taking care of it yourself. If it happened to me, in good weather, I would not be riding a big bike like a Z1000 for at least a couple of weeks.

PS. I had a similar injury that took forever to heal & was always exacerbated year after year through Rugby & Judo.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey doctor thank you for the link very interesting and that’s what I though that I stretched over to much over the fall but my family is keeping telling me I should have an X ray and I was avoiding the hospital cause of this covid 19 virus, I didn’t even go to check my hamstring on the 2 weeks previous fall. And that one was worst than this one

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
DO NOT GO TO A HOSPITAL.

OR AN URGENT CLINIC.

They do not have the resources to treat you, they are overwhelmed with Covid 19 & the opportunity of you becoming infected exponentially increase in such a setting - there is simply too much contact with staff, surfaces & air signing in, waiting rooms, getting the diagnosis, the Xray, etc.

Unless you have to.

In my opinion, you do NOT.

Perhaps you can have a Telemedicine Appt with a Physician who can give you better advice but its unlikely to be different than mine in the current circumstances.

Try googling & youtubing the answers.

Based on the fact you do not have any deformed fingers, etc & the pain on presentation is primarily in the center of the photo, this leads me to believe the diagnosis we shared.

The only complication would be that of an avulsion fracture & that, doesnt necessarily require a hospital visit but it certainly takes longer to heal & is much more painful.

But the answers are there I am sure on those platforms mentioned. Maybe you have to listen to 5 of each to find the best answer.

I wish I could give you a better answer but there isnt any.

It's going to take 2-8 weeks to repair.

If you tend to "pleasure yourself" with that hand, do not. This will only lengthen your equipment temporarily & delay healing of the injury, if not permanently. You could always in black market write the hieroglyphics NO! with a 🤕 Face.

I hope the former message helps you find your own solution & the latter, smile.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
must have hit a patch of ? something for you to go down at a slow pace. New tires should be deflated a little until you scrub them in. At least that's what the local shop does when I get new tires fitted. Heal up quick. Glad you're alright.
Rubber side down!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thank you guys and thank you doctor I feel better but still swallow but I decide to stay home like you said!
Keep icing and take my pills for 7 days and see how it goes.
I will go and clean my side of tires on both bikes with a sand paper to be safe.
Safe riding guys

21 - 27 of 27 Posts