Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
So Maxton emailed me back and said that they do not sell in the USA. :cry:

So I’m looking at the R2 Nitron rear shock as an alternative along with a few other manufacturers. I’m waiting for them to confirm installation pics so i can review. i'm told that their R3 rear shock requires you to remove and discard the rear passenger foot support bracket to make room for the pre-load adjuster. i’m not excited about doing that and probably wouldn’t.
You could use a hanger off a 'Performance edition Z1000R'. It has another bracket to hold the preload adjuster,while the rear brake reservoir is moved lower on the rear hanger.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I see that you have the Ohlins rear shock on your bike. How do you like it? Does it have both compression and rebound adjustment or just one of the other? I’ve been looking at the aftermarket Ohlins for this bike too. I’m not sure if it’s the exact same shock on your bike but the aftermarket shock doesn’t have rebound adjustment only compression I believe. i’m not sure if i need both adjustments. I just want to get the best softest ride quality I can without loosing performance. 90% of the time I ride on the street and maybe 10% of the time on the track. also, thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I see that you have the Ohlins rear shock on your bike. How do you like it? Does it have both compression and rebound adjustment or just one of the other? I’ve been looking at the aftermarket Ohlins for this bike too. I’m not sure if it’s the exact same shock on your bike but the aftermarket shock doesn’t have rebound adjustment only compression I believe. i’m not sure if i need both adjustments. I just want to get the best softest ride quality I can without loosing performance. 90% of the time I ride on the street and maybe 10% of the time on the track. also, thanks for the pics.
Perceived wisdom says the Ohlins takes around 1500 miles to bed in,I'm at 1300 odd at the moment and it feels to be getting more compliant. I set the sag front and rear and backed off the damping a little on the rear. I'm hopeful I can get a good compromise between comfort and sport.
This shock comes as stock with the performance edition,but it's not as well specced as an aftermarket Ohlins. It has rebound and compression damping,unfortunately it's all in the one adjuster,which I think is a bit of a disappointment,but we'll see where we are in a few miles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Perceived wisdom says the Ohlins takes around 1500 miles to bed in,I'm at 1300 odd at the moment and it feels to be getting more compliant. I set the sag front and rear and backed off the damping a little on the rear. I'm hopeful I can get a good compromise between comfort and sport.
This shock comes as stock with the performance edition,but it's not as well specced as an aftermarket Ohlins. It has rebound and compression damping,unfortunately it's all in the one adjuster,which I think is a bit of a disappointment,but we'll see where we are in a few miles.
Thats interesting.....both on the one adjuster?? i guess if it adjusts them both together, at the same rate.....from high to low, should prob give a good range of adjustment still. Im hoping damping on my std shock may losen up after some more ks....only done 8000.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts