Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 2015 z1000, how exactly do I remove the inserts that are in the handle bar after I remove the bar ends?

I did a search and couldn't quite find the answer.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
what? the threaded nut that is welded inside? you cant remove it...

if you bought a different handlebar then you have to buy the bar end internal adapter for the bolt..

if stock handlebar then you just remove the oem bar end weights and screw in the bolt along with the rhinomoto bar end mirror adapter..

you might have to put some spacers/washers at the right side so it wont lock your throttle grip when tightening the rhinomoto bar ends

·
Registered
1 Posts
On 2015 z1000, how exactly do I remove the inserts that are in the handle bar after I remove the bar ends?

I did a search and couldn't quite find the answer.

Thanks guys.
I have a gen 3 z1000 and took out the insert by using a dremel to to the welds and then later realizing that kawasaki also put a tac weld on the inside. You must take off the controls to get at the hold where the tac weld is. Used a drill and drilled until i broke up the weld enough and pulled the insert out. I know its been a few years since this question was up but i hope this helps anyone else looking because i know i could never find anything. check out my youtube video for a visual representation.

·
Registered
325 Posts
excellent work brother! you know we all learn by trial and error and your project turned out great 👍. luv my bar end mirrors vs the stock ones. don’t give me wrong though the stock mirrors are pretty cool too on the gen 4.

i always add a dash of grease (about the size of the head of a q-tip) and rub it on the rh side of the handle bar under the plastic throttle sleeve to help it rotate freely. also barge contact cement works really good for gluing the grip on. takes a day to dry though.

here is the link to the service manuals if you don’t already have it....

my gen 4 with crg mirrors and rhino bar ends

1 - 4 of 4 Posts