Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i said in the vid i dont take the credit for this. A lad from the Phillipines got in contact with me....were both at the same point...everything fitted - just waiting for the dyno's to open up so we can get back and get'em remapped. As i said in the vid now ive been out on it (and gone some distance) for less that a hundred quid its a worthwhile upgrade but only if youve already got a full system, air filter, map and block off plates....

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Comfy,

As always, lots of accurate detail, great explanation & excellent results.

Just the detail of the gold heat reflecting tape is a working art.

I asked Koggs the other day if you had access to a free Dyno?

Because you are always off to check what the measurable bhp dyno results will reveal.

Congratulations & Thank You!

·
Registered
96 Posts
My 2nd hand airbox should be coming in soon aswell. This should be the cheapest mod ever on my gen4.

Thnx again for your video

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No prob - im pretty fucking **** with any video editing of any sort but im not really interested in making it look pretty....just try to get the facts over....as i said in the vid...its bloody good for the cost of what you have to lay out....just make sure youve got some sort of mapping on there first...!

And more to the point thanks to the lad for showing me the idea in the first place!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Comfy,

As always, lots of accurate detail, great explanation & excellent results.

Just the detail of the gold heat reflecting tape is a working art.

I asked Koggs the other day if you had access to a free Dyno?

Because you are always off to check what the measurable bhp dyno results will reveal.

Congratulations & Thank You!
Sadly no - but i am very close to one (about 20 mins away) ive been there so much the lad that runs it gives me a good price....as its just literally the mapping im hoping for no more than 150 quid...all the other stuff like reduced engine braking, rev limit, o2 sensor and injector mapping wont change....just the actual mapping itself...

·
Registered
96 Posts
just make sure youve got some sort of mapping on there first...!
Yes, mine was finetuned with a powercommander on a dyno after i received my ecu from Ivan. Actually i need it retuned anyway, due to the decat. it is running too rich now. You can smell the fuel when idling. I'll go for a retune as soon as the airbox mod is done. Once again excited to the outcome.

Like comfysofa i had a dynorun before and after Ivan. To be honest... I should have done it after decat too, to see the gains from .

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
150 quid is a lot of money.

Great modification for cheap.

Do you think the heat reflection tape is worth it?

What does warm air do to the performance?

·
Registered
96 Posts

When heat is applied to most subtances , molecules will move around more and will need more space to move around. This applies to air aswell. For example, there are less O2 molecules in a liter of hot air then in a liter of cold air. So if you can get more O2 molecules into your combustion chamber , your combustion will be more efficient.

Thus warm air will make combustion process less efficient. Good example is a welding torch. With no extra air you get a yellow flame and smoke. Smoke consist of unburned carbon molecules. A torch with extra air creates a blue flame and no smoke. A blue flame is also hotter then a yellow flame.

I hope my explanation helps , I'm not the best in transferring knowledge

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Cant say if its better for having it but it does stop the heat radiating up from the motor. Engines love cold air...get your bike on the dyno in the middle of winter and itll make more power than the summer....as the bottom have been lopped off then theres airflow and an airgap between the motor and airbox....

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've got my air box,I'll buy the rest of the stuff I need and then I'll get some bravery and then go for it.... Ooow!!! No rush yet thow.... Maybe later...

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Didnt have the time to do it yet... so all is going in on saturday

1 - 13 of 13 Posts