Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made the mistake of taking apart the rebound cartridge. I took the c clip out the bottom and removed the little valve cartridge and then made the mistake of taking off the nut on the bottom of the rod. All the shims and valve came out. Does anyone know the order it goes back together please. Its the rebound adjuster side.

· Registered
1,267 Posts
With stock forks, you won't find complicated valving stacks. I've never seen anyone take apart the stock valves and document the exact spec. The spec usually isn't very good as it's set up for anyone and everyone. People who take them apart usually have something else in mind.

If you wanted to be accurate, you could buy the Race Tech Gold valve kit and revalve it with the gold valves.

You could always try gathering up your stock parts and building them into a shape that looks like this. Odds are it will be correct. Especially since you only have the rebound part in pieces.

If you list the diameter and thickness of the shims you have, I can try to help. I've done this on dirt bikes, but I didn't take my stock cartridges apart on the street bike .

White Product Font Camera accessory Auto part

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With stock forks, you won't find complicated valving stacks. I've never seen anyone take apart the stock valves and document the exact spec. The spec usually isn't very good as it's set up for anyone and everyone. People who take them apart usually have something else in mind.

If you wanted to be accurate, you could buy the Race Tech Gold valve kit and revalve it with the gold valves.

You could always try gathering up your stock parts and building them into a shape that looks like this. Odds are it will be correct. Especially since you only have the rebound part in pieces.

If you list the diameter and thickness of the shims you have, I can try to help. I've done this on dirt bikes, but I didn't take my stock cartridges apart on the street bike .

View attachment 87400
That my friend is so helpful thank you. You wouldn't believe I've been searching everywhere. In the end I made an educated guess using a diagram simular and the forks feel fine after riding

· Registered
1,267 Posts
Glad it worked out. You would be surprised at how much they charged us to re-arrange these shims on our dirt bikes.

One company charged us 500.00 to revalve two cartridges. When we took them apart to see what they did, the rebound stack was the same as stock.

On the compression side they threw away some of the large diameter shims, and that was it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts