Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi to all! After 2200 miles since purchase date(June 2) this is the first possible issue with my new bike. Following a very spirited run to St Augustine(FL) and back, on the Interstate highway, when I turned the bike off there was a deflated air leak sound with a motor(fan?) slow down sound also. Both noises lasted about 10 seconds. Restarted bike two more times in sucession and both sounds repeated. Air sound is like pressure being released-strong to weak. Motor sound winds down the same-strong to weak. Today was the first time hearing this. Question #2- Also is it normal to hear air pressure released when gas tank is opened to refill? Pressure build-up is pretty strong when tank is low. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks for any comments. Return to bike scene ...after 20+ yrs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sounds normal to me...

The pressure is escaping the gas tank (kind of a faint high pitched noise) and completely relieved when you open the lid.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pressure is escaping the gas tank (kind of a faint high pitched noise) and completely relieved when you open the lid.

Thanks for reply to gas tank question. Any thoughts towards the noises after turning off very warm engine? (strong short fading air release with electric motor (fan?) running down

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Stopped by dealership and asked mechanic what he thought about what I had heard( of course it didn't do it in front of him) . He said bike sounded fine and that it could be one of the two pressure relief (front and rear) valves(?) for the gas tank. Since it is under warranty he'd be happy to look at it to make sure. Also that way it could be "documented" if at a later date it proved to be something else. I plan to bring bike back for 7500 mile service(2480 now) I'll listen out and see how things go. This is one hell of a motorcycle. It far surpassed my expectations. This web site and a couple more planted the bug in April and May. Thanks fella's for the heads up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts