Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used these for maybe around 2500 miles, and then I bought a pair of 320mm Brembo T-Drive full-floating discs with a floating rear, mostly because I'm an idiot who likes to set money on fire. Regardless, my previous Brembo 310mm discs are now up for sale.

They are a direct bolt on for all 3rd and 4th gen Z1000 (also possibly 2nd gen Z as well), though on a 3rd gen Z they do require a 5mm caliper spacer to be used (since stock disc is only 300mm), they can be found for around $20 on ebay, while on a 4th gen Z no additional parts are required. Also, you can still reuse your stock caliper bolts as they are plenty long enough, or at least mine were.

I've spent the last group ride feeling every one of my buddy's disc to see how the wear compared to mine, and I can say with confidence that these do not have any noticeable grooves that can be felt with a finger. Also they are completely straight.

I'm asking $280 for the front pair, and an additional $50 for the matching rear disc. Buyer pays actual shipping.

Here are some temporary images until I get them off the bike and take some more close ups, after I install the T-Drives later this week.

·
Registered
439 Posts
if using spacers, be sure to use proportionally longer bolts with them. you do not want to compromise the bolted joint integrity by loosing any thread engagement. typically you want minimum twice the diameter of the bolt in thread engagement for a structural bolted joint. so for example, if you have an metric 10 mm diameter bolt, you need at least 20 mm of thread engagement.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if using spacers, be sure to use proportionally longer bolts with them. you do not want to compromise the bolted joint integrity by loosing any thread engagement. typically you want minimum twice the diameter of the bolt in thread engagement for a structural bolted joint. so for example, if you have an metric 10 mm diameter bolt, you need at least 20 mm of thread engagement.
here's is how much the stock caliper bolt protrudes through the caliper, pretty much their entire thread length, so I'm confident that the stock bolts are more than long enough to reuse even with a 5-mill spacer

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Attached are the images of the discs off the bike. I've tried my best to convey that there are no grooves in the disc but it's pretty much impossible to show that on camera. You have to feel it with your fingers to convince yourself. As said previous, the radial lines you see on the friction surface is pad material, even a new bike with 100 miles on the clock is going to have that, it's completely normal.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The front discs are now SOLD to someone with a 4th gen ZX10r, though that bike would have seen the least benefit from these, as that bike already came with 310mm discs as stock. I guess he hated the petal look as much as I do.

Still have the rear disc for sale, $50 for anyone that wants them, though they are nothing special, just non-petal round disc, same as stock..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts