Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I mentioned elsewhere in the forums that I'm building my 3rd gen with Ohlins FGK forks, well that's now complete and my previous RaceTech forks are up for sale.

These are a complete direct swap for any 3rd gen Z1000, super easy to swap, if you can change a wheel you can change a fork. These will also technically fit a 4th gen, but you will need to use 3rd gen front fender and 3rd gen lower triple clamp, though I have an extra and could supply it with the forks for free.

Last October (see receipt), I dropped off my OEM forks to RaceTech to have them completely build them up with all new parts and re-spring and revalve them with their Gold Valves. They replaced the compression valve with their Gold Valve, same with the rebound valve, created a shim stack profile for a 175lbs rider for sporty riding style, changed out the OEM springs to one of their linear 0.925KG, changed the needle profiles, installed new upper and lower fork bushings, new fork seals, new dust seals and refreshed the stanchions, along with brand new oil obviously. All in this cost me $818 for the service, see receipt.

The forks currently have roughly 5 track days on them (thank Covid) and about 300 street miles, which basically equates to roughly 1000 miles total. They are brand new, the cross hatching on the stanchion polish still shows. The overall cosmetic condition of the forks is very good. The black upper forks tubes show minimal to no wear on the anodizing, and the fork top adjuster have very little witness marks. Same with the fork bottoms, the powder coating is near perfect, and the stanchions have no pitting or defects in the chrome.

These would be super ideal for someone with leaking fork seals since that service alone usually costs around $400 in parts and labour, and for a little more you can get forks that are truly dialed in and feel so much better over the generic stock valving. They are sprung for a 175lbs rider, but if you're within plus/minus 20lbs (so 155-195lbs) these should still be valved correct for you, just need to change the preload a couple of turns. The main difference you'll notice between these and your stock setup is that stock is harsh but at the same time is not very supportive enough under cornering loads, that's because it's meant to be "adequate enough" to a large range of rider weights and riding styles. These are dialed in for the exact rider weight and riding style listed above, so they will feel relatively plush under normal riding condition, but will not stroke out during hard braking and will feel planted during cornering.

I know the market is limited on something like this, so I'm going to have to take a loss regardless, but at least a fellow Z rider can get some good suspension for a reasonable amount. The 3rd gen has ZERO cartridge kit options, so a complete rework of the stock fork is about as good as you can get without spending 3 grand on complete aftermarket fork setup and not to mention the massive about of custom engineering it takes to adapt it to our bikes. Despite what you may think Ninja1000 and 4th gen cartridges do not fit our bikes.

I'm asking $600 shipped for everything, I'm sure you can ebay your stock forks for at least $300, which would really subsidize these to a no-brainer, especially if you are due for a fork service. I will also include all of the stock parts so that you can be assured that the work was done, along with all of the RaceTech paperwork.

They are off the bike, ready to ship immediately. Please PM me if interested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Replying here as I got a message saying "as a new member you have reached your conversation limit, please try again later", or something along those lines. :/

It's going on a 2014 Ninja 1000. I will need the rear linkage, glad you mentioned it as I forgot!

We're too far away for you to do an install, but I'm not worried about it anyways, fork swapping is easy. I'll send the payment today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts