Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to swap the OE reservoir of my 2020 Z1000R for a Rizoma. Although I have seen some pictures of 4th gen Z1000 fitted with Rizoma reservoir, I can’t find a fitment on Rizoma website. I guess it’s a kind of universal part… Is it just a simple swap ? How the replacement reservoir fits on the master cylinder, it just screw on top ?

·
Registered
452 Posts
it's not universal. Our bikes have a unique master cylinder with the trapezoid shape reservoir that's hard mounted to the master, and is not compatible with universal reservoir kits, which require the master to have the typical nipple/hose attachment which ours don't have.

The Rizoma reservoir is mostly likely discontinued. Rizoma has a bad habit of discontinuing bike specific parts, almost immediately after a bike first comes out, universal fit parts they obviously keep around for a while. This is pretty much why I refuse to buy anything from them. My buddy lost a piece of his Rizoma rearset, like a $15 little bracket for the gear change mechanism that vibrated out, and Rizoma was not able to provide a replacement part, or even sell him another identical rearset, so now he has a $600 hunk of worthless unusable metal.

If you hate the trapezoidal reservoir as much as I do, upgrade your master cylinder to a Brembo 18RCS or Magura HC1 (18mm), they can be found for just over $200 if you shop around, and come with the standard smoked style remote reservoirs, like most normal bike, which can then be upgraded using universal reservoirs if that's what you fancy. I personally hate anodized billet reservoirs, they look tacky as hell... especially in green 💩 😆

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's not universal. Our bikes have a unique master cylinder with the trapezoid shape reservoir that's hard mounted to the master, and is not compatible with universal reservoir kits, which require the master to have the typical nipple/hose attachment which ours don't have.

The Rizoma reservoir is mostly likely discontinued. Rizoma has a bad habit of discontinuing bike specific parts, almost immediately after a bike first comes out, universal fit parts they obviously keep around for a while. This is pretty much why I refuse to buy anything from them. My buddy lost a piece of his Rizoma rearset, like a $15 little bracket for the gear change mechanism that vibrated out, and Rizoma was not able to provide a replacement part, or even sell him another identical rearset, so now he has a $600 hunk of worthless unusable metal.

If you hate the trapezoidal reservoir as much as I do, upgrade your master cylinder to a Brembo 18RCS or Magura HC1 (18mm), they can be found for just over $200 if you shop around, and come with the standard smoked style remote reservoirs, like most normal bike, which can then be upgraded using universal reservoirs if that's what you fancy. I personally hate anodized billet reservoirs, they look tacky as hell... especially in green 💩 😆
Thanks for the reply, great information !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts