Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just received 2 Carbon fiber Delrin frame sliders, i bought on ebay. One of them is a bit longer than the other, do u think its a pair on one side or both sides and which is which? Any advice is helpful

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm pretty sure its only one per side and they should be equal length. Probably ask any of the other guys here that have frame sliders installed. They should be able to tell you weather it supposed to be equal length or not since most frame sliders mount in the same spot.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx, i wrote this question before i checked the bike. Left side of the bike engine sticks out a bit more thats why the sliders are not the same i guess, i'll find out as soon as i put them on.

·
Registered
57 Posts
NP! I wasn't sure about the length though. But I'm sure you only need one per side. If you need anything more than one frame slider per side might as well get a cage instead.

·
Registered
67 Posts
A little late here, but there are a couple different types of frame sliders for our bike. They differ by WHERE you mount them on the side of the bike. Mine mount closer to the front of the bike along the frame support. For this reason, they are the SAME length. On my old Z1000, they actually mounted on a different point and where in fact different lengths because (as you found) the engine sticks out further on one side.

·
Registered
875 Posts
streeetfihter, i buying swingarm sliders for tire changes. hadn't planned on frame sliders. can you post pics,so i can see if i would like to get some. thank you.

·
Registered
875 Posts
thanks, haven't looked to see where mine would bolt on yet. is the 06 denim? that 08 is slick. you still have both of them? waiting for all my parts to come in tomake mine,mine.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
67 Posts
thanks, haven't looked to see where mine would bolt on yet. is the 06 denim? that 08 is slick. you still have both of them? waiting for all my parts to come in tomake mine,mine.:cool::cool::cool::cool:
Thanks, the 2006 was a matte finish called Plasma Blue. I don't have it anymore. I really like my 2008, but those 2010's keep chipping away at my feelings of satisfaction.

Yours mount in a similar place as the 2008:

·
Registered
875 Posts
thanks for the info. do not, i repeat, do not ride the 2010. i made that mistake. ate at me for a whole week, until i bought it.( the actual one i rode.) had .3 0r something on it. the assembler rode it then me right afterwards.no one else rode it all week. went back and got the next saturday. if you read on here much, you'll see what it's done to me. back away from the 2010 while you can. just kidding. i do think if you ride it you'll buy it.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts