Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have now become a crackhead when it comes to trying to cut weight off this bike. I'm addicted! I'm kind of running out of things to light-weight though. One of the last things I was always considering (especially now that the misses is gone) was some light weight exhaust hangers and pillion peg delete. However the few options that are out there for our bikes (I think just R&G and eBay Chinesium, right?), I wasn't really a fan of since they have giant Z1000 logos on them and I'm not a fan of unnecessary signage.

Just randomly searching I found these Evotechs on overseas eBay and had them proxy shipped to the US. I tried Googling them with the part number before I bought them but absolutely nothing came up, even in the Wayback-Machine. So I'm not sure if these were a small run or just a prototype item that never saw production. The seller that sold them had them listed with a bunch of non-motorcycle items.

They showed up today after a month in the post, and was really surprised how light these were, just 0.86 pound (390 grams) including all the hardware, while the stock ones I removed weighed 3.18 pounds (1442 grams)! That a total of 2.32 pounds (1052 grams) of weight savings. That's not an insignificant amount, especially considering some people spend hundreds of dollars on titanium bolts just to save a quarter of that. Though that might soon be me 馃槅

Anyways, I'm quite happy with the results, and I think the rhombus shapes go quite well with the geometric aesthetic of the 3rd gen's subframe section. Now I just gotta get rid of this ugly brake reservoir for one that is integrated within the master cylinder.

Registered
I don't even have an exhaust hanger! Go to a single exit and you won't need one either.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Registered
I have a matching set . I think I bought them in 2013, I think?. For some reason they are still sitting on my shelf. I just havent had time......no, I dont know why. They are just like yours. No lettering.

Seriously, it's only been 8 years, right. Lol. Six bolts is not something to dive into without a lot of thought. They had these unmarked ones for a very short time. After that, they said a 1000 on them.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I have a matching set . I think I bought them in 2013, I think?. For some reason they are still sitting on my shelf. I just havent had time......no, I dont know why. They are just like yours. No lettering.

Seriously, it's only been 8 years, right. Lol. Six bolts is not something to dive into without a lot of thought. They had these unmarked ones for a very short time. After that, they said a 1000 on them. View attachment 85559
what other cool things you got hiding on that shelf? 馃え

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I don't even have an exhaust hanger! Go to a single exit and you won't need one either.

I bought this bike because of the dual exhaust! I know a single would drop even a bit more weight, but it would probably be louder. Even though my current setup is about as straight through as it gets, because I have the 4 silencers it's really not all that loud. Probably because there is quite a bit of surface area when it comes to the muffler packing material. Also, the left side would look incomplete IMO, but that's the beauty of bikes, you make it how you like it.

I do agree with you that ideally I would love to completely loose the hangers, and just have another mounting tab made up so that the silencers attach to the footpegs instead. That would look much cleaner. If I find another pair of these Laser's then I'll experiment with them.

I was initially going to get the Rizoma hanger because it looked nice and simple, but like with other Rizoma products, they tend to discontinue their stuff within a year or 2 after the bike comes out. I will probably never buy Rizoma stuff because I find it ridiculous that they have zero after-purchase support.

Registered
Ah... You say that... Mine goes through the annual test here in the UK with no baffles and no advisory about noise...

Registered
I came so close to installing mine. I even bought the black fluid holder, from a kawasaki h2, for the rear brake. It's small, and looks better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts