Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
The 2010 Z was the lightest Z1000 ever made at 218kg wet, I've recently added together all of the weight savings I did on mine (full exhaust, alu bars, complete brakes, rearsets, lithium battery, 520 3D chain with alu sprockets, etc..) and I should be at right around (if not under) 200kg's now, which is lighter than a contemporary ZX10r. It along with the high end suspension has completely transformed the bike from a city cruiser to an absolute track / canyon weapon.

Love mine, and while I was tempered by the new Streetfighter, I doubt I will ever sell my Z, especially since I'm probably 10 grand into mods that I'll never get back... Rather than get another naked bike, I'll most probably keep this as my daily and get a sportbike next for variety sake, most probably an H2 (non-SX), if I can find a decent deal on one.

here a recent picture of mine after I installed the Akra headers:

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A Classic Z, well cared for, especially 2008 upwards supersedes the plastic crap available today.

Especially yours Ungarisch!

·
Registered
54 Posts
The 2010 Z was the lightest Z1000 ever made at 218kg wet, I've recently added together all of the weight savings I did on mine (full exhaust, alu bars, complete brakes, rearsets, lithium battery, 520 3D chain with alu sprockets, etc..) and I should be at right around (if not under) 200kg's now, which is lighter than a contemporary ZX10r. It along with the high end suspension has completely transformed the bike from a city cruiser to an absolute track / canyon weapon.

Love mine, and while I was tempered by the new Streetfighter, I doubt I will ever sell my Z, especially since I'm probably 10 grand into mods that I'll never get back... Rather than get another naked bike, I'll most probably keep this as my daily and get a sportbike next for variety sake, most probably an H2 (non-SX), if I can find a decent deal on one.

here a recent picture of mine after I installed the Akra headers:
View attachment 84634
Always a great looking beast! :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
with the high end suspension has completely transformed the bike from a city cruiser to an absolute track / canyon weapon
Great looking bike Ungarisch,

What did you do to the suspension, by whom ?

Are those Brembo M50's I see on there ?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Great looking bike Ungarisch,

What did you do to the suspension, by whom ?

Are those Brembo M50's I see on there ?
I have a RaceTech GP cartridges in front and Yacugar/Touratech/Hyperpro (same company makes all 3) 3-way adjustable shock with hydraulic preload.

The brakes are Brembo M4's off a late model GSXR750. The M50's only come in 100mm bolt pattern, while the M4's come in 108mm which is what our bikes (and nearly all Japanese bikes) use. The master cylinder is a Brembo 18MCS again off a late model Ducati. The rotors (while not pictured here, since I installed them this weekend) are Brembo 310mm (stock is 300) off of a 2018 ZX14r, using caliper spacers.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Does it have an independent ride height adjuster ?

Why didn't you just use an Ohlins unit ?
The Ohlins that's available for our bikes is only the low end STX street oriented model, which has very little adjustment (I think rebound only), so while it's an upgrade over the terrible stock shock, you're mostly really getting it for the bling factor and those sweet Ohlins stickers. Ohlins does not make an off the shelf TTX shock for our bikes, though Andreani can build you a custom one for about as much as I paid for my bike 🙃

If you want actual performance and tuneability, then your best option is the Penske or the HyperPro (or the Yacuga version if you don't like purple), or the Nitron if you're into baby blue. These shocks come full adjustable, not just rebound but also with both low speed and high speed compression adjustment with a large remote reservoir for consistent performance. I also optioned mine with a remote pre-load adjuster, located next to the engine.

Here is the shock with the rebound adjuster at the bottom

here is the reservoir with the low and high speed compression adjusters, currently have it mounted to the passenger pegs, but I'm looking to route it under the seat so that it looks cleaner.

and here is the preload adjuster knob, located on the right side just above the clutch cover

·
Registered
198 Posts
The Ohlins that's available for our bikes is only the low end STX street oriented model, which has very little adjustment (I think rebound only), so while it's an upgrade over the terrible stock shock, you're mostly really getting it for the bling factor and those sweet Ohlins stickers. Ohlins does not make an off the shelf TTX shock for our bikes, though Andreani can build you a custom one for about as much as I paid for my bike

If you want actual performance and tuneability, then your best option is the Penske or the HyperPro (or the Yacuga version if you don't like purple), or the Nitron if you're into baby blue. These shocks come full adjustable, not just rebound but also with both low speed and high speed compression adjustment with a large remote reservoir for consistent performance. I also optioned mine with a remote pre-load adjuster, located next to the engine.

Here is the shock with the rebound adjuster at the bottom
View attachment 84656

here is the reservoir with the low and high speed compression adjusters, currently have it mounted to the passenger pegs, but I'm looking to route it under the seat so that it looks cleaner.
View attachment 84657

and here is the preload adjuster knob, located on the right side just above the clutch cover
View attachment 84658
I definately agree on the hyperpro suspension. Still not cheap, but i've ridden a z1000 once with front and rear hyperpro suspension and it was was so much smoother and bettrr ride compared to the stock suspension!.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts