Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

How they could leave the Z1000 out of the line up above is interesting.

I thought we would at least have arrived at #17 on the list above if the list went to 20.

OR IS THAT OUR BIKE AT #4?

Even though the Z without a Rear Shock mod & a couple of other modifications, is not a True Sports Bike, its a Owners Bike, an intelligent choice for a discerning rider.

·
Registered
188 Posts
without a Rear Shock mod & a couple of other modifications, is not a True Sports Bike, its a Owners Bike
I gotti disagree with you here Doc, I think all Z1000'a are sport bikes, not race replicas but a true sport bike.

Even my original 03 with it's sub par suspension and wooden brakes is a sport bike

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel at times, the same way.

But mention this to anyone with an R1, Gxer or even a Motorcycle Mechanic & people argue the fact.

My Mechanic, who I consider an absolute professional, especially thinks otherwise*

Maybe your 03 unit was way ahead of the pack when it arrived on the scene.

Riding position on the 2024-2016 alone is what I prefer as an owner but its not exactly a tuck position.

*after we changed the gearing really high for a few days he came back from the test ride & was suddenly very pale & said something like "This is not a sport bike, the way the rear suspension is set up & the twitchy steering you have to be very careful in big corners at speed ..."

As for sports bikes, I prefer my Z1000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts