Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm a long time rider with a GR650 Cafe build that I'm currently working on. Catch is... it's a single seat
YouTube - ‪Brat/Cafe project #3 - GR650‬‏

My soon-to-be fiance wants to ride with me, so I'm hunting a good bike for performance, fun and reliability that'll still blow her skirt up (if you know what I mean) :eek:ccasion:

I've got a line on an '03 Z1000 with 10K miles. Pro taper Bars, Leo Vince exhaust, flush mount lights, tail kit, bar end mirrors, custom windscreen, etc. The guy wants $3800, but he seems flexible (KBB is about $3K). Problem is, I don't know anything about the history of the Z1000. Any and all advice or encouragement would be great!

Sauce

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
If you really want to land her get a 10Z in Orange and White the ladies love em and the attention they get from other guys lookin at your bike and your girl is priceless LOL!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Seriously...?

I own a 2010 Z1000. It is an awesome bike... for one person. I hear the older models are buzzy. I don't think you'll impress her at all with a Z1000 - especially if she's a newbie on a bike. If she's experienced on a bike (no pun intended!) best to know what type of bikes she's ridden. The Z is not a great 2-up bike.
If you're just doing a few miles around town for some show and go it's probably OK, although the seat on these things really don't fit two people very well.
I also have a Triumph Sprint ST. This is the perfect bike if you want to go on the 2-3 day or longer trips. Comfort, bags (removable), good speed, and will rock the curves. It will do it all with room to spare for you both.
My wife and I still consider the Sprint our best tool for weekend outings to the mountains. Other alternatives along the same lines are the Yamaha 1300, Ducati ST 800?, etc. other sport tourers.
The decision is really all about what you plan to do with it and where you want to go.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
A Suzuki Tempter Cafe build huh? I wanna see pics of that! 1st Gen Z1000 in the green or orange man, you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
i have owned several streetbikes & my 03 z is definately my favorite. it has it all looks, comfort, power, handling, & reliability, plus its just so damn sexy

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Still waiting on the cafe tempter pics......

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts