Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just got back from the track tonight for the first time ever. Had a blast and Z ran awesome. Started in the mid 12's and got my best time of 11.6 and a total of 7 runs. I launched at about 5k but it was a pretty forgiving launch. Bogged it a bit but once I got on it halfway through first and most of second the front wheel was hovering off the ground. Hit the rev limiter a few times(stupid) and had a false neutral another time but overall I had a lot of fun and learned a lot. Unfortunately there was nobody there even close to my time. Everyone was running modded out zx-10's CBR 1000's or busa's. The first guy I ran against had a turbo busa running 9's...:cool:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time. Since I pretty much suck at a standard (curvy) track, this might be something I could get into. Thanks for sharing and the info.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
i went to the track for the first time a few weeks ago and ended up running 10.6 at 128.93mph. boy that was fun for sure
thats a fast time for the z. did u have the front strapped or extended swingarm or the bike lowered?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
curious, very curious....

·
Registered
27 Posts
nope, nothing at all. stock all around except for a gear change, 16. 39. i didnt change it for the track tho, its been like that since about two weeks after i got it, i hated the stock gearing, wayy too low for me

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've ben reading that the ninja 1000, with it's heavier weight and taller gearing, actually runs a slightly dater quarter. I'm guessing it's the taller gearing....thoughts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts