Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all, I just purchased an 03 z1000 about a month ago. Since the date of my purchase, I’ve completed my MSF course, installed a power commander 5 (took forever to install), and have been riding NON-STOP! I am here to learn and am entirely grateful for any advice/suggestions on what to watch out for on this beautiful beast. Ex: maintenance, custom tunes, how to install rear fairings (previous owner laid it down and it’s missing the tail fairings), or anything else pertinent to the bike. Thanks so much for all of the info I’ve read so far and continue too!
8920CE5E-58D7-4E6C-8219-B568B64F178A.jpeg

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Welcome! She's a looker for sure and some nice mods were added too.

Congrats on the MSF course. Those are awesome. Lots of insight gained. Highly recommended.

Keep up on maintenance -lube chain and check for proper adjustment, change oil, check coolant level and change if it looks dated (same with brake fluid). Get the manual if you don't already have one. Check everything over since a new to you bike, and I always check tire pressure before I head out on any ride. (I know this is basic common sense stuff)

Anyway congrats man and enjoy the ride. :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts