Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been at a level 2 all day -level 3 is get out now. This was taken at 9:30am this morning. Weirdest feeling ever. Been hearing stories of things burning down in nearby towns only to hear again that it's not true. I'm getting on the bike tomorrow to have a look for myself :)

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, we're packed, well got my bag rdy. If it all goes then it all goes. Start over. Taking important papers, small electronics, HDD, H2o, some food and photo albums.

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Don't forget your bike.

And remember, close relatives can come with you if they promise to hold onto the Z1000 in the back, on the hitch

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I appreciate that. Today's air quality is much worse than it was yesterday, if you can believe that, given the darkness of the entire day. The orange/red glow from the sky made it look like the Apocalypse! Freaky stuff. Always looking about. Nearby towns that I'd ride my bike around on my 'loop' have been damaged. Homes, businesses lost. --Not good.
Went to the store this morning and just being out in the middle of it is like trying to move away from that white smoke from a campfire, but you can't.

Got new filters and running the AC/fan to keep the air circulating. Crazy stuff man. Even if you paid me I wouldn't go outside.

Shocks are done. Just got the msg. ....gotta go. (y)

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, when you read about it, the words just pass by but when it happens (the sun refuses to shine and moon will not give forth its light ...or whatever it says!!) witnessing it firsthand, you understand how that could happen. Kinda freeky! Driving out of it then looking into your rear-view mirror, it looks like something from a movie. Crazy.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Damn Koggs I hope it subsides soon enough. Prayers coming from the USA middle ground, for you and the other Califorigners!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup still here. Air outside is still like you're sitting next to a camp fire.

Winds seem to be changing. Weatherman predicts clear of the smoke by Monday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts