Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello guys I just got my bike , and I'm looking to change the exhaust. Some say z1000 uses 51mm dual exhausts but the yoshimura I had on were 57mm but they were for the gen 2 z1000. I think the gen 3 also uses 57mm exhausts. Does anyone know?
does anyone has akrapovic exhaust on z1000 , I need someone to measure the exhaust cause I want to buy one.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
hello my friend and thank you for your answer. Check the photos below.i think these will fit my stock pipes .what do you think.

Based on the sizes, they should fit. But the installation bracket should get in front of the bolts on your bike. That I can't tell by the picture. These must be knock-off otherwise you can get full Acrapovic system and they sure fit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi guys!

I am planning to change my stock exhaust pipes. I ride a 2020 Z1000R. I am not so much into the exhaust system know-how, can I please know if the 2020 ZED has a 51mm or 57mm pipe diameter?

Ride safe, brothers!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Fitfat Z1K,
Thanks for the photos of the exhaust and the midpipes! I have ordered an AKRAPOVIC, mufflers only, but it seems there is a problem in the shipping due to the pandemic situation in our CUSTOMS Agency. Sad :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
the inner diameter of the factory resonator outlet is 45mm, that is when used with the factory exhaust donuts. If you remove the exhaust donut the pipe inner diameter becomes 51mm. The outlet on the dual Akra header is the same 45mm, but the Akra muffler can slips over the Akra header rather than into it like the stock. This means that the Akra muffler can has an inner diameter of around 48mm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts