Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an issue thats happened a couple times on my 2010 z1000. This happened before I did my oil change, but as I was driving and shifting down towards first and coming to a light, right when I got to second gear, the engine would just shut off. The electronics and display were still on, I cant remember if my light was still on or not. I was easily able to turn it back on. Has anyone had this issue or know what the prob would be. I also have a very small led light kit, could it have drained to much voltage from the power (which I doubt)? It also happened when i had the lights off.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
how low are the RPMs when it happens? I know if I downshift quickly; while braking.... I can kill the engine coming up to a light.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not high at all, prob around 5000-6000, i dont use brake much, usually shift down when coming to a light.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah im gonna check loose battery cables. one of my friends said that sometimes it happens to his zx9r cause it doesnt receive enough air. My airfilters are really clean though which is weird. i always use the highest gas formula so i know that shouldnt be a prob.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
weird. PCV or is it it running on the stock ECU?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stock ecu

·
Registered
49 Posts
Could be a faulty kick stand switch. If its grounding out somewhere that could shut the motor off.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I'm stumped.... its like diagnosing something over the phone though... dang near impossible. You need to see/hear/feel it in person....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts