Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals, just thought id share everything iv done on my Gen 4 since owning her and my mapping/dyno results from today.

Mods:

OZ Racing Gass RS-A wheels
Brembo callipers and discs (front and rear)
HEL braided lines
Black widow headers
SC project silencers
HM quickshifter
Maxton rear shock
Rizmoa rear sets
Renthal Fat bars
Valter moto exhaust hangers
ASV levers
Kawasaki engine covers
Barracuba B lux bar ends
Brembo rear Reservoir and Rizoma front reservoir
carbon Dipped rear hugger , sprocket cover & side panels
Custom tail tidy
Smoked rear light with intergrated indicators
Audi style (flowing) front indicators
Ebay bar end mirrors
Grip puppies

Now for the mapping today I wanted to do everything I could to get the best results so before taking her to the dyno I did the following

New Shell advance oil and K&N filter
New NGK spark plugs
New DID chain and sprocket
New HiFlo air filter
Air box mod and cut the air intake grills away (as shown in the comfysofa video)
Previously fitted Black widow headers and SC Project silencers (baffles in)

I took the bike to a place called Dave Wood racing here in the UK, couldn鈥檛 recommend them enough very friendly, very knowledgeable and very helpful

The bike done 144WHP (157BHP) straight off the bat with no tuning , was running very lean at the bottom end and rich at the top

After tuning the bike it got 151WHP (164BHP) which I was very pleased with :)

The throttle feels smoother and more progressive and really packs a punch when you open it up, the mid range feels stronger and its can rev 300 rpm higher

The tuner said he鈥檚 done loads of z1000 and with headers and an exhaust you normally get about 145WHP not much more. So he thinks that the air box mod probably did make some what Of a difference but bear in mind it was only 12掳 outside.

couple of snaps

FC61A192-9455-461F-AB5B-3C9C67FCF676.jpeg
0AD6BC47-DB2F-44C6-BC14-D2C30154E87D.jpeg

Registered
Cool - nice to know what i can expect!! (when i can afford it!!!)

Questions....
Did the wheels fit straight in?
Did you feel the difference when the wheels went on?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Yes straight in, obviously with the correct adaptors

definitely felt the difference with the lighter wheels, Feels more nimble and easier side to side And actually easier to push in and out the garage

yet to have a good 鈥榮pirited鈥 ride as the roads are bad 馃槚 roll on spring

Registered
Tr猫 trick and tastefully done good sir.

No fork mods,or don't you feel it's necessary for your needs?

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks bud

Personally I feel the front forks are fine, could use a proper set up Though
it鈥檚 that rear shock that was horrible lol

Registered
The Ohlins rear shock on mine was very 'tight' from new,but approaching the 3k mark it has improved a fair bit. I'm going to wait until the Spring and better roads before I make a decision on the forks,but I daresay something will be done!

Registered
Grn 4 Z1000 R Edition
My Ohlins was the same to the point where I considered having it resprung. Took it about 1500 miles to settle down.
Front is perfect.

Registered
My Ohlins was the same to the point where I considered having it resprung. Took it about 1500 miles to settle down.
Front is perfect.
I have to say as time and miles go on I'm feeling happier with the forks myself. I'm certainly not going to fork out (ha) on a revalve if they are acceptable. We'll see come the Spring.

Registered
does anyone add an oil cooler when increasing the hp? I noticed most the motorcycles that compete with the Z 1000 that have about 160 hp typically have an oil cooler too to deal with the extra heat. i鈥檓 just curious. your Oz wheels look hot!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts