Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Im new to the forum and a new Kawasaki Z1000 owner.

Ive purchased the bike a couple of days ago, after selling my Honda Vtr 1000F.
The Honda was an awesome bike but I coulndt get used to the V-twin character is had.
After making a test ride on the Z I was hooked, also the overall looks of the bike are great.

More about the Z:
Build 2008
GPR cans

Ive got a few things to do, to make the bike summer fresh.
-Change Grips
-Change Tank sticker
-Windscreen
-Do some maintenance: sparks, oil, cooling, filters

Ive already figured out that the removal of the 2nd and 3rd sparkplugs are a pain in the #ss.
Guess I need to find the right owners manual to see whats the right way to get this done.

Thanks for reading.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Congratulations & Welcome.

Plus being a Z1000 owner will positively affect your Horizontal Male Performance.

Owning a Z increases your masculinity...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Welkom eindelijk een nederlander hier
On the 2007-2009 2nd and 3rd plug are the most difficult as the the thermostat is located above it.
Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome!

Ive managed to replace plug 2 and 3. With a bit of patience and some wiggeling I got the job done.
Yesterday Ive changed the coolant. Hopefully that will work out aswell, having a little doubt about the coolant going lower in the radiator when I shut the bike, but I think thats normall since the coolant will expand when it heats up and than get to the normall level in the radiator cap.

Today Im going to look at my starter relais, since it doesnt want to start the bike in 1 try.
Gonne clean the contacts and see if that works.

:)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Dont know exactly how yours sounds at this point, but cleaning the starter itself can be helpfull aswell. On other bikes/models grease can get into your starter engine and become less effective in cranking the bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well when I press the starter button, I can hear a little cricket making some sound in the relay.
When I try a second time, it starts.

I cleaned the contacts of the relay maybe that helps.

Next up, the oilfilter. Thing doesnt want to move, its like it doesnt want to leave lol.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Use a piece of old chain and screwdriver and use the chain as a strap to undo it.

Or just puncture your oilfilter with a big screwdriver and twist it loose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts